What's happening to Fabric??

- open
hexe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

What's happening to Fabric??

Post by hexe »

I was in Fabric saturday and I had a horrible horrible night, my friend and I have been constantly harrased by pervy old men even though we were with our boyfriends. Ive been going Fabric for years and I never have seen such a bunch of weird people in there. Men trying to grab girls one of them tried to chat me up even my boyfriend was standing next to me, when I turned around to leave he started swearing at me. Told security they did nothing.

They have to sort out the door selection, Berghain style I think should be applied for at least few months.

I am a Fabric member and I love the club but the Saturday night experience really make me not wanna go there ever again.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

it is getting bad. It's to famous for it's own good.
djedga
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by djedga »

I went for the first time (shockingly - can't believe I hadn't already been) on the Claude Von Stroke / Ricardo Villalobos night a few weeks ago.

I liked the venue but I thought it was full of idiots. It seemed to be a sweaty tops off muscle builder crowd (not what I was expecting and not that sweaty muscly men are all idiots, just that these ones were).

I wondered if some of the crowd from Turnmills had moved accross to Fabric...

I did get a chance to drop a demo of one of my tunes off to Justin Martin and Claude Von Stroke and have a very brief handshake - not that I expect anything from it!

Having said that I still enjoyed it but too many people, not enough dancing space or consideration of others in the absence of it and too much barging, strutting posing idiocy for my liking.

Not sure I'd go back in a massive hurry, give me a slightly smaller less superclub firendly venue any day!
hexe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by hexe »

I'm going Fabric for years, I think there is a wave of idiots from the clubs that closed down this year. I know you get them everywhere but last Saturday for me was like a horror night

I hope they will do something about it, I go fabric because they have a great sound system, most of the Dj's I like play only there Ricardo, Luciano, Adam Bayer, Richie ( when he's not at the end) plus I have membership so I can roll down there any time without having to cue.

I had some of the best night of my life there, it;s such a shame that it has become a place where you have to watch your back every 2 minutes, can't go on the toilet on your own ( as a girl)

Hope they'll do something about it soon or a lot of people will stop going
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Atheory »

its a disgrace. never liked it.

good sound system though.

spoke about this before on the board, but its a club for people who dont like clubs, imo. panorama bar is equally as famous if not more, and the difference between the two is too big to even go into here.
blockup

Post by blockup »

Atheory wrote:its a disgrace. never liked it.

good sound system though.

spoke about this before on the board, but its a club for people who dont like clubs, imo. panorama bar is equally as famous if not more, and the difference between the two is too big to even go into here.
Absolutely bang on.

I said the same on here a long while back much to the annoyance of a lot of people.

All you can do at fabric is go with mates and ignore the majority of the crowd.

Panorama/Berghain pisses all over fabric.
Del
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Del »

...Yep it sounds bad and my girlfriend had similar problems when we visited Fabric together but its amazing how many of you london guys complain about the club!

Come stay where i live for a while and maybe you'll then appreciate what you've got :wink:

As for Panorama Bar i find that its the benchmark that all other clubs (Fabric included) aspire to. Fabric does have a 'touristy' feel about it (Im not complaining as when im there im a tourist) But Panorama bar feels more like 'the real thing'. Maybe the door selection policy does play a major part in this? Could definitely be a good idea for fabric especially on the BUSY nights.

Anyway, I'll be back next time Ricardo is in town. September perhaps?
luke78
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by luke78 »

I've been 3 times so far, and find it to be quite a mixed crowd. Some very friendly people in there, as well as some out and out idiots. I think its the small girls who ram their way through the dance floor or try and shove you aside when there is no room are the people who get on my nerves the most.

As far as Fabric goes though, I wont stop going there. The line-ups and the sound system are just too good to miss out on. And the staff are really helpfull and friendly too.

Hopefully when the new Goods Yard replacement clubs open up, all the idiots will go to those, leaving me and all of London's friendly clubbers to dance un-shoved!

Just out of interest, was it one group of guys who were harrasing you, or several? - and did you tell the bouncers?