If mix is good/proper balanced what next?

- ask away
Adrian Kiliszek
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

If mix is good/proper balanced what next?

Post by Adrian Kiliszek »

Hi guys
I go specific question
After when you finshed yours track and premastering is done.Every sounds are proper/good balanced in every audio/midi channel. After that do you put some mastering vst/hardwear (for example dbx quantum) on master channel/track?

I almost finished my track and for me sounds good.J have MD3 stereo mastering and I think to use it on my finished track and do some changes in eq.But do I really need it?This should give me a little "punch" to my track but if I think that j already got this "punch"

What do you thinks?
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

If it sounds good then perhaps you only need to do a little limiting on your track and thats it.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

compare you track to professional mastered tracks. if their tracks sound louder you will need to do some mastering.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

tone-def wrote:compare you track to professional mastered tracks. if their tracks sound louder you will need to do some mastering.
+1 If your tracksounds way too quiet you may need to limit it or compress it a tad and bring the volume up. Remember though louder is not better.

I try to pay close attention to when the dynamics start to fade and if its a little quieter than most tracks I will leaveit there instead of pushing it to high and killing the dynamics.

If its a little too quiet the dj can just turn the fucker up.
Dopplereffekt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Dopplereffekt »

Try an exciter.