Luke Clique - May

- music
clique
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Luke Clique - May

Post by clique »

New track. Give me your thoughts.
Err don't check my myspace becasue the topend is mashed from there sh!t encoding policy.
Trig will be better,

http://www.trig.com/clique
MarkA
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MarkA »

cool track man
dig february a lot more though, would love a crack at remixing that if you're game?
ferd
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by ferd »

I like most of the sounds, except the hihats dont seem to fit that well with the rest IMO...
It does create a rather cool atmosphere...dark & gloomy...
clique
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by clique »

Thanks for the feedback guys

Mark; thanks for the vote :wink: Will get in touch about the remix!

Ferd; Glad you liked the sounds. Funny enough the hihat is a sample of a grand farther clock. I wanted to relate a sub conscious spectral metaphoric relationship of time slowly ticking away. So its quite an organic sound compared with the others which have had more treatment. (Thats prob a bit too deep)

Cheers,
Luke
ec50
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ec50 »

clique wrote: Ferd; Glad you liked the sounds. Funny enough the hihat is a sample of a grand farther clock. I wanted to relate a sub conscious spectral metaphoric relationship of time slowly ticking away. So its quite an organic sound compared with the others which have had more treatment. (Thats prob a bit too deep)
i actually like the ticking of the clock - but how about adding another high hat (off kick) as a constant factor?

not a big fan of that clap perc noise - maybe add (layer) with nice snare? or tweak the clap?

also the 'melody' gets a bit repetetive (the synth? marimba like sounds) have it build up more - simplify earlier then have it progress?

like how the track comes together - the snares that come in are nice -

nice noises, perc etc.

the main element i feel needs work is the melody... the sounds gets far too repetetive for my liking (ie boring) - mix it up a bit

cool track though - has atmosphere/mood - needs some work though
"Half maximal effective concentration"

www.ecfifty.com
www.myspace.com/ec50
www.soundcloud.com/ec50
clique
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by clique »

EC50 - Great feedback. I agree with you on ALL the points that you mentioned. In the process of reworking it baring these things in mind.

Cheers