gonna buy a new mixer

- open
breugelmans
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

gonna buy a new mixer

Post by breugelmans »

But I don't realy know which one, it's gonna be the Allen & Heath Xone: 32 DJ mixer or the pioneer djm 300

what do you people advice me??? :D
cloutier
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cloutier »

ecler nuo.3.
Marcus Stork
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Marcus Stork »

element.8 wrote:ecler nuo.3.
Just got myself a Ecler nuo 3, realy good. So yeah.. for the price and the quality i would recomend that one aswell.
aut.t.n
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by aut.t.n »

I own the xone:32... I am finally very happy with it, but it has some features which took a long time to get used to.

(1) non-linear line faders. last 1/4 of the faders brings about 1/2 of the volume, the faders are very sensitive in this area.
(2) effect-loop is ... not very usable (at least for my purposes). i use a soundbite XL loop sampler and it is really hard to run it over the effect loop. just too much knobs you need to remember to put in the right position. I now use the sampler over the headphone output which is much more handy and intuitive.
(3) EQs are definitely not killing. Dunno if you want this... I use filter/line fader/EQ combination for sound adjustments, which is a little bit more complex but on the other hand you have much more possibilities/control once you got used to it.

That said.... it's a bomb device, top sound, high quality. Very good "look&feel", superb filter section... and so on. I would recommend this one.
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

I've got an eclerc nuo 3 too. Great one, great price.
nihad
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nihad »

a-h92 here, overkill for home use, but i'm an overkill kind of guy .. :wink:
adelaideperson
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by adelaideperson »

get the allen and heath if you can afford it. way nicer sounding.
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

go for a&h if you can afford it, or ecler. Stay away from Pioneer unless you have money for a DJM-800. All the rest is utter crap. A mixer for jumpers. And very fragile, Pioneer brakes down more often then a ferrari :lol: