Beta LFO-filter plugin

- ask away
async
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Beta LFO-filter plugin

Post by async »

Here is that analog-modeled filter plugin I alluded to earlier.

http://homepage.mac.com/mpauley/.cv/mpa ... nt-zip.zip

This will work (and has been tested) on osx both ppc and intel. I've only tested it with AULab and Logic Pro 8.

Please give me feedback at pauley(at)unsaturated(dot)net. I'll be hosting music-DSP and Audio Units programming tutorials over at unsaturated.net shortly... please come on by and geek out!

_Mark
_Mark
async
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by async »

tip: I'll probably ditch non-analog mode, since analog-mode really adds a nice buttery warmth to the signal (and the non-analog mode is pretty unstable at high-Q).

_Mark
_Mark
unsaturated
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by unsaturated »

sorry for spam: this is my new account.

the old one was actually an account for a collaboration that didn't get off the ground. unsaturated is my steez.

cheers
_Mark
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

sounding really nice on first investigation mate, both modes certainly have plenty of character. congrats!

Looking forward to the dsp tutorials as well.

peace, mark.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

async wrote:tip: I'll probably ditch non-analog mode, since analog-mode really adds a nice buttery warmth to the signal (and the non-analog mode is pretty unstable at high-Q).

_Mark
don't do it! I really like it and instability makes things more fun!
unsaturated
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by unsaturated »

but the feedback can be pretty intense! Just don't blow a cone or an ear drum guys. Maybe I should detect resonance overload or something?

Oh, to get a comb filter from the all-pass, run an all-pass on a bus and an unfiltered signal on the main out. You should hear a comb.

Only low, band and hi pass versions work in analog mode. This will be more clear once the UI is finished, right now I'm relying on the default UI.

cheers!
_Mark
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

unsaturated wrote:but the feedback can be pretty intense! Just don't blow a cone or an ear drum guys. Maybe I should detect resonance overload or something?
hmm I dunno man, if I turn up the resonance all the way that's what I expect to happen.

Having said that there have been plenty of times when I haven't taken sensible enough precautions when stressing software.

Obviously it's completely up to you but some predictable unpredictability is a good thing imo, especially in the digital world.
andei
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by andei »

(don't kill me)
is it a vst? ('cause i didn't find any .dll in folder, and don't know how to use it)