[Frankie033] Jeff Samuel - Gurd Em ep

- wax
fudduf
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[Frankie033] Jeff Samuel - Gurd Em ep

Post by fudduf »

Samples: http://www.wordandsound.de/article/53352

Jeff Samuel is back on Frankie Rec with a surprising 3 tracker EP titled Gurd Em EP on the A side the eponym track a1Gurd Em create an original weird atmosphere mixing hypnotic sounds and bass voice with the groovy bassline and incisive drums… on the b side b1 Dementia is a brilliant minimal tech house piece full of subtle bleeps and mental sweet melodies with jeff typical sense of groove and on b2 Spic and Span more funky is full of quircky sounds & groovy bassline… ingredients of a freaky tune!
Last edited by fudduf on Wed May 07, 2008 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

Cheers! I'll be listening to those samples when I get home. Frankie Rec is a good bet for quality tracks - I like about 90% of their output =)
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Seems promising. Last jeff samuel was a killer! Will hear samples later
djxlr8r
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by djxlr8r »

Not that bad for Jeff. I thought Jeff's first release on Frankie was not that good but I would say after listening to the clips on this upcoming release that this new one is better.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Jeff is on another level these days.
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

Sorry to say it, but I was expecting more from this. I was hoping for something pretty quirky and wild, with it being on Frankie Rec, but this is fairly standard stuff. It's an ok release, but nothing too "stand out" from the crowd, you know?
Good, but nothing special for me.
bum-tak
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by bum-tak »

:D
WOW. this one really surprised me....

just listened to the whole release 10mins ago and im fascinated! those who were expecting the usual frankie-bleep-me-the-frigg-outta-here madness may be a bit disappointed, but for me it just fits perfect - kinda looks like the label itself is taking a break and calming a bit down after the wildness of the last releases, which is good IMO - the next """typical""" frankie release will do much more to your ears and legs, believe me!

BUT this release still fits perfectly into the catalogue - it still has the "frankie-label" feel, even tho it may seem to be a bit sedated.

all-in-all: for me this release offers 3 perfect tracks
very bomb ep congrats @ all
inquisitor
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by inquisitor »

A step back for Jeff Samuel imo, didnt expect much after his latest stuff tbh