[CADENZA26] Los Updates - “First If You Please"

- wax
djBounce
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

[CADENZA26] Los Updates - “First If You Please"

Post by djBounce »

“First If You Please Rmx By Villalobos” | “Rmx By Dandy Jack” :shock:
“Los Updates is the latest project from Chilean musical mastermind Jorge González together with Loreto Otero. It connects the dots between mindbending minimal house and unabashed pop. „Los Updates First If You Please“ — The Remixes — features original cuts backed by remixes from Ricardo Villalobos, Dandy Jack, Luciano, Tobias and other Los Updates companions. This fall, a special CD release will follow, gathering all Los Updates’ originals along. The first installment of the series includes the origonal version “4 Wheel Drive". González vocals and obliquely narrative lyrics are doubtless the centerpiece here, veering between singing and speaking, falsetto highs and baritone lows. There’s no doubt that he has top-notch studio chops, but González makes his outsider status a virtue: his beats don’t sound like anyone else’s. Dandy Jack remixes with his Superhero “Inviting You Here,” a track whose original version is forthcoming on the CD release. In the Latin Lava’s inimitable, irrepressible style, the track swarms and squirms with bubbling congas, bouncing accordion blips and blasted strands of reverb. Full of motion and color, Dandy Jack’s mix balances the intensity of house and techno with the playful spirit of Raymond Scott. Finally, for those who lamented its absence on Sei Es Drum, Ricardo Villalobos’ triple-vinyl collection of Fabric 36 exclusives,Villalobos’ “4 Wheel Drive” remix is finally here on wax, in all 13 minutes of its rippling, hypnotic glory. Riding a long, loping groove and leaning hard on a battery of psychoacoustic effects, this is Villalobos at his most focused, drilling to the heart of the dancefloor one friction-filled bar at a time, even as González’ commanding vocals swell to fill the room. It’s a breathtaking collaboration to round out a refreshingly diverse EP—and tide us over until the next update from Los Updates, featuring remixes from Luciano and Tobias. Stay tuned!”
CADENZA26 in the media
Italoboyz (Get Physical - Moth: “i knew ricardo's remix (awesome) and I really love the original too! quality..”
Paulo Olarte (fresh fish/liebe: “cool release, like both rmxs and the original. jorge gonzalez big influence to all of us who where born nad raised in southamercia, “los prisioneros“ fuimos todos!”

samples: http://www.wordandsound.de/play/play.m3 ... leid=53314
Last edited by djBounce on Fri May 09, 2008 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
danbolton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by danbolton »

i bet thats gonna be sick! can't wait to hear samples!!! cheers for the heads up :D
Barraca Music
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Barraca Music »

great heads up!!
MANIKCHILE
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by MANIKCHILE »

curious about this one, looking foward to hear it. I remeber that in Luciano esselcial mix there was a track included.
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

the villalobos remix is a bit trippy and good, but i don't like the vocal in the track :(

same with the vocal part in the other remix as well, don't like it at all

dont think i'll get this one, mainly because of the vocal which i don't like
fugazi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fugazi »

LOS PRISIONEROS!!!!!
las industrias!!!!!! :D
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

Always difficult for me when there are vocals in electronic music... I rarely like when it's singing. I prefer when it's spoken word.

But I'm waiting for the record by the way
djBounce
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by djBounce »