[MINUS063] Heartthrob | Dear Painter, Paint Me

- wax
lostinmusiq
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

[MINUS063] Heartthrob | Dear Painter, Paint Me

Post by lostinmusiq »

finally ... looking forward to this one ...

:twisted:

i listen to jesse at the timewarp and what i heard from him was so sick ... for me very different to his last releases on minus ...

Imagine you could recall a whole night of dreams and nightmares - the good, the bad and the downright weird all wrapped up in one. Now try setting them to music... chances are it would play out along the lines of Dear Painter, paint me - the autobiographical debut album from Heartthrob. Written over a two-year period since relocating from New York to Paris and subsequently to Berlin, Jesse Siminski has assembled a remarkable collection of emotionally charged techno tracks that mirrors this whirlwind experience. Provocative, humorous, self-reflective and ultimately cathartic, there’s clearly something very special going on here that continues the upward trajectory that started with the ubiquitous Baby Kate and continued through last year with Nasty Girl - his genre-busting collaboration with Gaiser (MVS1).

As the title of the LP suggests (Dear painter, paint me is borrowed from a series by German painter Martin Kippenberger, 1953–97), Heartthrob is a musician who wears his heart on his sleeve, who understands authenticity can only be achieved through soul-mining and who manages to transform the raw emotions he uncovers into the unique melodies and sublime hooklines that give his music its human spirit. In many ways he’s a maverick musician even within the Minus ranks, focusing intently on the melodic, harmonic and tonal aspects of his music while openly railing against the ’redundant percussive techno stuff’ that currently clogs our dancefloors. But that’s not to say he lets up on the beats for a second, in fact his tracks are equally characterised by a deep understanding of the formal and conceptual ideas that define and shape the Minus sound. Add to that the mischievous time signatures, a penchant for the dramatic and an underlying sense of the absurd and you have all the ingredients for a hi octane, rollercoaster ride.

RELEASE INFORMATION:

Artist/Title: HEARTTHROB | DEAR PAINTER, PAINT ME
Catalogue No.: M63
Label: MINUS
Format: CD, LP, MP3, WAV
Release Date: JUNE 30th, 2008

Track Listing: CD
1. Futures Past - 8:47
2. Confession - 10:56
3. Signs - 8:02
4. Out Of Here - 5:10
5. Blind Item - 6:10
6. Interference - 7:04
7. Slow Dance - 7:11
8. Heading For A Heartbreak - 8:28

Track Listing: LP
A. Futures Past – 8:50
B1. Interference – 7:04
B2. Slow Dance – 5:53
C. Confession – 11:03
D1. Heading For A Heartbreak – 7:57
D2. Out Of Here – 4:52
Last edited by lostinmusiq on Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
tettezak
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tettezak »

fck yeah! Really looking forward to it and I hope it's gonna be good, although I'm pretty sure it will be... :twisted:

June 30th... booooo! :P
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

Looking forward to this. The title of the record was a track of his that was unreleased and one of the best cuts i've heard from him. I hope it's on the LP maybe under a different title.
keto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by keto »

Aaah.--- Finally!

I wonder if proximation/prox boost is in there...

btw, "h" missing in the topic title :wink:
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Great, didnt know he had an album coming out.. Awesome stuff!
betzy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by betzy »

number 1 of the whole team.
love for jesse.
Last edited by betzy on Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xntrkeverything
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by xntrkeverything »

hey hey where are the samples? :D
Pompelmoessap
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Pompelmoessap »

Oh f**k YEAH !!!! Finally ... cannnnnnnnnt wait !!! :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted: