A Requiem for Minimal Techno by Red Kite [playlist added!]

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

this should be nice, at least the description is (for me at least) ;)

but one thing for future sets;

please don't zip the mp3 (specially when the file is as big as this one) - the mp3 is already compressed a lot (almost to its maximum), and zipping it doesn't save you that much space.. it only makes it a pain in the ass to unzip it.
just don't feel that 60mb is worth all the hassle, but maybe that's just me being difficult :?
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by chrisdisco »

Red Kite wrote:
chrisdisco wrote:how can you give such a detailed explanation and not a tracklisting?!
Haha, sorry for that! Thing is my semester started today and posting this was the last thing I did before running to university.

I promise I write a tracklist the next days, but it will take me another 4 hours of listening to it and looking in which corner of my room I (mis-)placed the records! :wink:

Now I have to run to a birthday party, but I come back to it, I promise!
thanks. i can fully appreciate the time demands of being a student... i dont always care about tracklistings, but in this case, where you have a very specific concept and purpose behind the mix, it'd be good to know the exact records.

either way, my plan is to download it tonight and spend tomorrow listening to it as i study away...
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

Got this last night, and it's great! When I read through the description I was expecting things like Maurizio, Basic Channel etc but I don't know how I managed to forget an absolute classic:

G-Man - Quo Vadis

Wicked track, been used in sets for the last 15 years and still sounds great today =)
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by chrisdisco »

Rich wrote:Got this last night, and it's great! When I read through the description I was expecting things like Maurizio, Basic Channel etc but I don't know how I managed to forget an absolute classic:

G-Man - Quo Vadis

Wicked track, been used in sets for the last 15 years and still sounds great today =)
for my mind, gez varley is one of the most seriously underrated people in the business. truly amazing producer.
juhokusti
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by juhokusti »

Rich wrote:
G-Man - Quo Vadis

+1. Although not for the last 15 years. Only been spinning records for the last seven myself :)
Alex M
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Alex M »

Very interested in this... Cant wait to listen to it.
Thnx for this nice download.

Argh! Been tryin to download this 4 times now always ends up being corrupt when I try to unrar it!
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

works fine here, just unzipped it! and listening to it :)
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

Ok, tracklist added in first post. *weeeh*

Sorry for the inconvenience with the zipped file. Unfortunately it would be very difficult to change that now since we already had trouble getting the zipped version onto the server. Can't put it unzipped on sendspace too (to big).

It should be working somehow...
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)