A Requiem for Minimal Techno by Red Kite [playlist added!]

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

Red Kite wrote:Ok, tracklist added in first post. *weeeh*

Sorry for the inconvenience with the zipped file. Unfortunately it would be very difficult to change that now since we already had trouble getting the zipped version onto the server. Can't put it unzipped on sendspace too (to big).

It should be working somehow...
thanks for the tracklist :)
the mix is really nice imo - a bit different than the usual thing you hear these days. the ricardo track @ perlon is a fucking monster. too bad he doesnt make music like that any longer, his early days were just... magical or something. maybe he needs to do some more acid or something;)

about the zip-thing, it was just something for next time - as i understand, you'll upload more mixes in the future some time. so just thought that if you're doing those 5h mixes and encoding them in 320kbps, i think it's better that you just upload the mp3 itself, w/out compressing it further with winrar/zip/whatever because it doesn't do much good (in my eyes at least)
Last edited by vermi on Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
codix
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by codix »

hehe the zip is only useful if you include a picture of you, or a cover or yet better, a tracklist hahaha :)

made a mirror:
minimalwyte
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

minimal tekno

Post by minimalwyte »

im likin the tracklist and cant wait for this to download!
minimalwyte
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

FREEEEEEEEEESSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Post by minimalwyte »

THIS MIX IS DOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEE!
Alex M
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Alex M »

Finally managed to download this correctly. Will give it a good listen today.
Just saw the tracklist and it looks awesome but im surprised there is no sleeparchive for example...
keto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by keto »

Tracklist looks sweet. I will definitely download it when I have more than a gig free space :lol:
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

miniMAL_420 wrote: im surprised there is no sleeparchive for example...
It has Sähkö and Dum Records, so no need for Sleeparchive. :twisted:

No seriously, I had grabbed some Sleeparchive records, but they just didn't make it into the mix (was recorded live & without pre-planning after all). And even when it's four hours and nearly 70 tracks, it's nearly impossible to include everything that should make it into a mix like that, so though this mix has a lot of canonical music in it, I just can't presume to give a representing mix an minimal techno. Something is always missing, because someone else will always think of other records as important, and maybe just because I don't own (or even know) the missing records.

But from my argumenting point about the few artists, who keep up the sound of classical minimal techno, Sleeparchive is of course an important producer, so you're absolutely right about that.

Thanks a lot for the feedback so far!
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)
JBounce
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by JBounce »

this mix is wicked i was walking in the street, and all i wantd to do is to close my eyes, smile, and raise my hands :)
very very good job
its cool to be minimal :)