Korg Electribe EMX-1

- ask away
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Korg Electribe EMX-1

Post by ::BLM:: »

Been looking into these, and they look quality. Anyone got one? How are you finding them? Also can you load your own samples into it?

ta,
ben
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

I got one, it's really good! You can't load any samples into it, you need the ESX-1 for that.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

The ESX 1 is that the red one? Are they the same, just the red one allows you to load in your own samples? Has it got the same synth aswell, cause i love the sound the synth makes on it. Can you also add single notes, because all the clips I have heard use the arp to make patterns.

This clip is so nice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzHBhPrxhJo
Stomper
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Stomper »

I like this video better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM9q8NQTtu8

but maybe its because i should get mine any day now :D
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

::BLM:: wrote:The ESX 1 is that the red one? Are they the same, just the red one allows you to load in your own samples? Has it got the same synth aswell, cause i love the sound the synth makes on it. Can you also add single notes, because all the clips I have heard use the arp to make patterns.

This clip is so nice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzHBhPrxhJo
ESX-1 is the red one. It's quite different, the ESX is sample based. If you want synth sounds go for the EMX-1. Yes you can add single notes. They have a TR style 16 note step sequencer which is much easier for single notes. The arp is amazing, best i've ever come aross. Ideal for synth solos in a live situation.

For techno and electro i would recomend the EMX-1.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Right going down Turnkey to get myself one.
eryx666
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eryx666 »

the sound quality isn't impressing . some time ago i own the red one, it was very easy and funny. but recording quality sound was almost impossible because of noise comes from electribe itself. you can easy hear it when you turn the volume knob over 50%....

and that "tube amp" only distort digital signal, it cant transform it into an analog sound.

if you have some spare money go ahead, if not think twice
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

eryx666 wrote:the sound quality isn't impressing . some time ago i own the red one, it was very easy and funny. but recording quality sound was almost impossible because of noise comes from electribe itself. you can easy hear it when you turn the volume knob over 50%....
It's not so bad with the blue one. Only a little hiss but thats hardware for you. What were your leads like? expensive?