- wax
gergo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[Wagon Repair - WAG036] Hrdvsion - Playing For Keeps

Post by gergo »

Hrdvsion - Playing For Keeps
[Wagon Repair - WAG036]

"We are thrilled to announce Hrdvsion’s third Wagon Repair release, the irrepressible ‘Playing For Keeps’ A native of Victoria, Canada, Nathan Jonson’s obsession with morphing sounds and musical hardware continues to be the main inspiration for his musical explorations. Taking influence from the unrestrained creativity of luminaries such as Squarepusher and Aphex Twin, Hrdvsion’s disjointed compositions stand in stark contrast to the more fluid output of his brother, Mathew. Ever adventurous, Nathan has spent 10 years releasing on labels as diverse as Itiswhatitis, Subpop, Traum and Plak. Musical experimentation with a focus on destroying sounds through hardware and software is within Hrdvsion part of his life. Opener ‘Playing For Keeps’ is an exhilarating trip, centered around a swinging mapped by crunching beats. Chopped and skewed, pulsing electro house melodies fight for attention with sampled cuts of big band, tiring to a slow and heavy halt before picking themselves up and punching it out to close. ‘Playing for Daddy’s Girl’ is an equally agitated reprise, introducing distorted 8-bit melodic tones and a throbbing deep bass into the fray as a sampled audience cheers on the ensuing battle for the listeners attention. On the B side, The Mole transforms ‘Playing For Keeps’ into a driving house number, with subtly escalating melodic synth growing into a deep and hypnotic dark electro sweat fest."

http://www.wordandsound.de/play/play.m3 ... leid=52571
Jacopo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Jacopo »

b1 side it's simply a bomb, love it
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

Yes me like
hrdvsion
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

yip yip

Post by hrdvsion »

OUT NOW!!!
hrdvsioavnlohrtrhdlrashrdvisonshrdvsionrdvisionhrdvsion
gergo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by gergo »

What is this artwork?
It's not a usual Wagon Repair cover! :)
hrdvsion
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

:D

Post by hrdvsion »

it's hrdvsion and his technocoloured dream jacket
alvaroliva
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by alvaroliva »

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm........... hrdvsion............. an artist for me that hasn´t been sufficiently appreciated........ For me he´s an absolutely artist love this sound, strange music but amazing sound.... te reverbs the fast changes........... guuuuauuuuuuuuuuuu love love love...........

And always waitting for one more record with Lee Van Dowski (How to make a sense of a window) a piece of art for me...... don´t know why they don´t produce more tracks..... :x

Thx and great work
hrdvsion
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

thanks so much

Post by hrdvsion »

that's nice of you to say!
also LVD and i are actually starting work on some new music shortlly, so keeps those ears peeled!