What are the good US record stores (with shipping)

- open
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

What are the good US record stores (with shipping)

Post by Celltek »

After reading a post by Vermi I thought it would be interesting to list some good online record shops based in the US because of the weak Dollar situation. This may mean buying more records for less $$.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: What are the good US record stores (with shipping)

Post by patrick bateman »

Celltek wrote:After reading a post by Vermi I thought it would be interesting to list some good online record shops based in the US because of the weak Dollar situation. This may mean buying more records for less $$.
but it is not enough to make it up for the low dollar, because of the tax that you would have to pay if the package is caught and also of course the shipping prices from US to EU.
re.vise
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by re.vise »

patrick bateman wrote:but it is not enough to make it up for the low dollar, because of the tax that you would have to pay if the package is caught and also of course the shipping prices from US to EU.
+1.

Get caught at importing and you'll have to pay 20% over the whole price.
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

This would be the VAT charges i'm guessing
malle eppie
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by malle eppie »

Çan't they just put a sign with "gift" on the package? I thought I read something like that a while ago at a breakcore forum
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

Celltek wrote:After reading a post by Vermi I thought it would be interesting to list some good online record shops based in the US because of the weak Dollar situation. This may mean buying more records for less $$.
i ordered A LOT of vinyls from forcedExposure, but i ordered them to my hotel in san francisco while i was there because of the shipping prices.

dont know how the VAT is in holland / other customs fees, but here in norway they are simply too high, so ordering such large quantums is very expensive here.

if the vat / customs isnt a problem in holland, you could always send an email to the store you want to order from and ask about how much they charge for shipping. i think its much for overseas shipping, but i might be wrong.

to get the most out of the weak dollar you should visit the us and buy stuff there hehe :)
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

best places in the US for minimal, from worst to best:

www.halcyontheshop.com
www.forcedexposure.com
www.bentcrayon.com
www.dancerecords.com

bent crayon is a secret gem...a small shop physically located in Cleveland, Ohio for heaven's sake...and they have a deeper selection than you will find in NYC, San Francisco, LA, or even Chicago's Gramaphone...

***EDIT: However, my experience with the bent crayon is only physically going there - have never ordered from them and I hear some people have had difficulties
Last edited by miroslav on Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
CUBANb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by CUBANb »

miroslav wrote:best places in the US for minimal, from worst to best:

www.halcyontheshop.com
www.forcedexposure.com
www.bentcrayon.com
www.dancerecords.com

bent crayon is a secret gem...a small shop physically located in Cleveland, Ohio for heaven's sake...and they have a deeper selection than you will find in NYC, San Francisco, LA, or even Chicago's Gramaphone...
Yeah Halcyon now has an online store and ships!