MIDI controllers

- ask away
damagedgoods
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

MIDI controllers

Post by damagedgoods »

what's everyone using, if anything? how are you finding it? fader/rotary/button controllers, that is, not keyboards. i'm in the market for a cheapish one and was looking at the behringer rotary controller which is insanely cheap for what seems like a lot of knobs...
Atheory
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: MIDI controllers

Post by Atheory »

damagedgoods wrote:what's everyone using, if anything? how are you finding it? fader/rotary/button controllers, that is, not keyboards. i'm in the market for a cheapish one and was looking at the behringer rotary controller which is insanely cheap for what seems like a lot of knobs...
Hi,

yeah that one is pretty good, if you don't want to spend a whole lot of money on one it could be the way to go.

I guess the best way to judge what one to get is if your gonna use it to

a)play notes and midi composition (then one with 2 1/2 octaves may not be enough

b)if its to use "midi learn" on synths for then loads of knobs could be useful, if you need them

c)using it to play live of your laptop, lots of faders would come in handy for different channels obviously.

so, as with everything it depends on how much you need to do with it, some midi controllers/keyboards are extremely complex and can do alot of stuff, but many of those features dont get used by people.

hope that rambling mess was of some help.
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

oxygen 8s about the best allrounder, thats what ive got but im itching for some faders....
SHAP
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by SHAP »

almonst every live act i ever saw and many producers use the m-audio uc-33
MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by MINIMALTECHNOHOUSE »

SHAP wrote:almonst every live act i ever saw and many producers use the m-audio uc-33
Purchased...

I didnt even know this existed cheers...
SHAP
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by SHAP »

really?
I´ve seen so many people using it on stage...
It´s really good stuff.
Bareknuckle
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Bareknuckle »

I have an Axiom-49... This is my second one. Very good board and good selection of controls, well rounded if you will. 8 Knbos, 9 Faders, 8 Pads, 49 Keys with -3/+4 Transpose, pitch bend and modulation. Oh yeah it had some buttons too... It has pretty nifty features to save settings and what not right in the keyboard. Just need to make use of it. Only thing on the board I know throws people is the clicks in the knobs, threw me on my first one too but its really a good deal to have in there for control... oh yeah the knobs are real nice, spin it slow/normal and you get resolution of +/- 1 per click, spin them faster and they jump up the scale quick, very nice. Whole board is well worth the price tag if you ask me. Oh yeah and it has the transport buttons as well which are always important :P

I have had my eye on the Beringer BCR2000, mostly because its just a knob bank and I like lots of knobs :). Would be a nice side board for controlling synths.
SHAP
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by SHAP »

i also know about a midi controller with a built-in arrpegiator but i forget the name...