[meerestief ltd009] LUCY incl H.O.S.H. rmx

- wax
meerestief
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[meerestief ltd009] LUCY incl H.O.S.H. rmx

Post by meerestief »

Meerestief LTD 009
Lucy – Downstairs (include H.O.S.H. Remix)

James Holden: "I think Lucy is already getting a strong grasp of the universal parts of music - dynamics, flow, feel, atmosphere, tension, connection - so it'll be a privilege to watch where he go next. I'm playing "Downstairs" sometimes - in fact I put almost all the last Lucy tracks in my cd wallet."

Releasedate: 28. March 2008
Distribution: www.straight-distribution.com

Listen: http://meerestiefdigital.com/Releases/p ... 9_preview/

Paris based artist Lucy made his debut on meerestief last November with his track 'Summery Drumming', after scoring valuable points on Ripperton's Perspectiv label, with the release 'Glass Computer'. The Italian hasn't put out many tracks yet, but Lucy's second production for meerestief ltd., who are going to put a lot of emphasis on being the link between passionate electronica and club oriented stuff this year, shows great maturity and bears a very distinct watermark.

Lucy builds up a menacing wall of sound in just under 8 minutes, inspiring the listener's imagination, like 'Summery Drumming' before. Oscillating melodies and strings condense to a dark blade runner type scenario, driven by a crystal clear snare drum.

H.O.S.H., who has been talked about by everyone, since his unstoppable 'White Elephant', on the Get Physical Side label, Kindisch, presents us with an opus of a remix. H.O.S.H erases the ominous atmosphere from the original and chooses a more pleasing and club compatible path where he picks up all the typical elements of contemporary dance music, as if it was the easiest thing in the world. Fusing minimal drum patterns with Detroit chords, Deep-House pads and piano chords. 10 minutes of House have rarely been so entertaining.

Lucy’s Remix for Gui Borrato “Tipologia” featered on Fabrics Compilation, mixed by M.A.N.D.Y.

www.meerestief.com
" The first thing is what your ear says. You´re either draws in like a magnet - or you´re not. And if you´re not the rest is just boring footnotes. " Steve Reich
www.meerestief.com