Difference between a pretty good producer and a great one

- ask away
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Difference between a pretty good producer and a great one

Post by Opuswerk »

What is it ?
What really makes the difference in the game? There are plenty of talented and pretty good producers on this board, but what is the difference between them and the big names?

Express yourself...

and sorry if this is a repost :oops:
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk
SHAP
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by SHAP »

innovation, i think.

I belive only a "great producer" can answere you that...but he wont. even if he knows ;)
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

Well... Sometimes it's raw talent. There are people who just seem to be ahead of the curve all the time.

The other thing would be time and hard work. Most of the BIG djs and producers started just as you and I did. If you keep at it long enough and keep improving over time people will know who you are.
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

I don't think it's ever about raw talent.

I grew up believing that all good musicians were good musicians because they were blessed with raw talent, but then I began to realise that everyone has a voice, and that only with passion, dedication and hard work can you sing a beautiful song, not whether you have some magical inner blessing or not.

I think the difference between some of the very talented producers on this board and the 'big names' is sometimes more linked to a complex social interpretation than the ability or not to make beautiful music.
hydrogen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by hydrogen »

The differences are in the tracks. some can hear it some can't...
------------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/kirkwoodwest
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

oblioblioblio wrote:I don't think it's ever about raw talent.

I grew up believing that all good musicians were good musicians because they were blessed with raw talent, but then I began to realise that everyone has a voice, and that only with passion, dedication and hard work can you sing a beautiful song, not whether you have some magical inner blessing or not.

I think the difference between some of the very talented producers on this board and the 'big names' is sometimes more linked to a complex social interpretation than the ability or not to make beautiful music.
I agree. but i also for some people it just comes more naturally to make awesome tunes.
Synful
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Synful »

There is essentially no difference between the two talent wise (when comparing some people here to big names at least)

It's just name recognition and how established you already are, and how long you've been going at it.

Just takes time and a lot of work I think.

(and possibly a lot of fellatio)
oblioblioblio
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by oblioblioblio »

victorgonzales wrote:I agree. but i also for some people it just comes more naturally to make awesome tunes.
I think to a certain extent you are right, everyones voice, regardless of how how they have learnt to use it, has a different tone and character, but I think essentially everyones voice is uniquely beautiful and potentially useful, just in different ways.