prototype a&h xone:3d

- open
robert lowell
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

prototype a&h xone:3d

Post by robert lowell »

i found this the other day while browsing the internet, it might be old news but here ya go. from what i read the nasty green things are templates for the programs and the mixer is actually the silver finish. the price isn't all that bad either. Price: $1999 usd

better picture...

http://www.xone.co.uk/news-stories.asp

Richie Hawtin experimenting with the protoytpe Xone:3D and the new Xone VF-1 filter unit at the Frankfurt show in March

Allen & Heath also unveiled a unique DJ control concept, which will be launched later in the year. The Xone:3D allows the user to manipulate and manage any source - such as mp3, CD, video and vinyl - from a central interface. It is an amalgamation of a fully-featured high performance DJ mixer, a top spec multi-channel USB soundcard, and a comprehensive control surface with MIDI and PC connectivity. This versatile product has 14 stereo inputs and 10 stereo outputs, and can simultaneously mix up to 11 stereo signals.
Der geile Ami
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Der geile Ami »

i was lucky enough to be there to see it.....

and that mixer is fucking dope. The prototype had a 3 channel normal xone dj mixer in the middle of two midi control surfaces in a rack mounting format. The midi section were complete with jogwheels that were demonstrated to even scroll through the ableton clip window. Each control surfacde had 4 faders and a bunch of knobs. Im hoping that the full version will have 4 dj channels. It seemed like the face had hte space for it.

I am no dj, and have my own stuff for live use, but as an installer and music freak I am excited about this mixer. It should be done for hte september london show and be released for the same price as the xone 92. The price just went up in germany for the 92, so i wonder if hte 92 would somehow comedown or if their mic preamps are expensive or something. It isso rare that Ive plugged a mic into a dj mixer tho.
freeeeeee
jspr
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by jspr »

Nice!