[CCS026] Seth Troxler & Patrick Russell - Valt Trax

- wax
keto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

[CCS026] Seth Troxler & Patrick Russell - Valt Trax

Post by keto »

just great 8)

Detroit artists Seth Troxler & Patrick Russell join forces for their first EP “Valt Trax” on Circus Company in what is obviously a successful piece of teamwork. Seth Troxler, now living in Berlin, has been attracting attention with his spacey, funky atmospheric releases on labels such as Spectral, Items & Things (as Thrill Cosby), Omar_S’s FXHE ( as Young Seth), Esperanza, Beretta Grey, Leftroom, and Dumb Unit, moving into more and more interesting territories with every one of his releases. Long time electronic music veteran and well known DJ, famous for his sets at some of the most notorious warehouse parties in Detroit, the name name Patrick Russel will ring a bell with anyone familiar with the Detroit electronic music scene since the early 90’s. The idea behind the EP was to recreate a vibe identical to that of the heyday of underground dance music and instant insanity of the early 90’s on a record that sounds like it was lost in a dusty vault for 20 years and just rediscovered. The A full side “Doctor Of Romance“ is dark, raw, dirty house with a serious mental twist repetitive hypnotic vocals. aereal techno funk with a vocal underlay keeping it minimal but funked up throughout the track. The B side opens up with „Last Date“, a melodramatic retro art house slow jam with vocals by Lavell Williams. B2 “Love Spray” takes us to their most industrial and beatdown version of underground house.. blunted house beats, broken beats, moaning voices, baked tribal rythms results in a beautifully produced slow motion but at the same time powerful track. Drums, hiss, and grit!

CCS026 in the media

karotte: “tolle houseplatte mal wieder auf circus company. die a seite ist mein favorit und wird gespielt.”
D\'julz (Pokerflat): “another cc wicked release, charted #2”
Lee Smith IDJ Magazine (UK): “Murky moods from Troxler & Russell, showing that narco-minimal has a few tricks left up its sleeve yet.”
Sebo K (Mobilee): “nice one! i prefer the a side. support!”
Shlom Aber (Be As One): “i like this record , good release”
http://www.wordandsound.de/article/51501
keithkemp
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by keithkemp »

i've been listening to this a lot in the last few months-highly, highly recommended..
werdtoyourmoms
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by werdtoyourmoms »

whooo wee!!!!!!! :shock:

(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)
(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)

^
this release rated 69 weed leafs
tolfrey
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tolfrey »

Amazing release, Seth can do no wrong...

The stirrup is hung!!!
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

gotta check this one tonight, now that i have my new ultra-fine circus company t-shirt 8)
Katzenjammer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Katzenjammer »

Delicious release. Really like the blend of the upbeat bassline and the deep chords in A1.
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

Meh... another forgetable CC release. The corny vocals don't help either.

Man, who would've thought that CC would take such a nose dive in quality? W/ the exception of the Dave Aju release, I've been really disappointed w/ CC since #20. Just poor release after poor release. It's really quite sad. They went from one of my alltime favorite labels from whom I bought everything to a label that I find laughably bad in a matter of months. I guess they're just trying really hard to separate themselves from the "minimal" scene.

Too bad.
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

I like B1 & B2

I don't like the 3 last CC releases neither