oh, hi. im neu here.

- music
chasedestroy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

oh, hi. im neu here.

Post by chasedestroy »

greetings. i found this page as a link @ www.idmforums.com, thought i'd join and say whats up.

i also thought i would post a link to the latest mnml track i finished up.

no better way to get the ball rolling that putting stuff out there and waiting for the rotten veggies to fly... or something.

anyhow, here goes nothing: http://www.twango.com/media/chasedestro ... 045?sort=5
staefn

Post by staefn »

Very melodic track. quite slow and relaxing. Nice use of background samples.

Although for the length of the track, it does become quite repedative. Maybe changing the synth a bit during the track, fade it out and have a small acid line come in following the same sequence, then have that go for a minute or two, and reverb it out then have the main come in again but with a small variance.

The track is extremely progressive; which i am not sure is what you were going after. But it really does need some variance in the beat sometime during the track

Otherwise it was quite a nice and chilling track mate!
chasedestroy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by chasedestroy »

thanks for the feedback. its hard to listen to something you have written subjectively.

i'll keep this stuff in mind.
Opuswerk
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Opuswerk »

listening now :

The synth in the intro sound very nice to me, and do a the trick. can't wait to dive into the track. Kick isn't the best here, as it doesn't fit the rest of the track yet. seem too crunchy, or overcompressed. it lacks the boom basically.
The other sounds fit pretty well in the mix, so i guess it was a deliberate choice to have such a kick. still i think it doesn't fit.
Bassline could be a bit louder as well, as i barely hear it.
Arragement wise, i would suggest building up your track more, introducing new ellements as something you excpected for a log time.
minimal needs heavy buildups and drops. some very subtle rising sound or slow filter acting on some element can do that.
Also try to add some automation and varations to your main elements, as they sound a bit repetitive after a while.

please listen to our tracks when you have time.
I really like the overall feeling of the track though. it really gets my head bouncing. bravo.
Opuswerk is now Hendrik van Boetzelaer
Links / Latest News : https://linktr.ee/opuswerk

www.soundcloud.com/opuswerk
www.instagram.com/opuswerk