need to choose audio interface

- ask away
eryx666
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

need to choose audio interface

Post by eryx666 »

ok finally i have some money to buy real audio interface (btw i'm selling my hercules firewire 16/12 anyone? :D ) and i need to choose between: rme multiface hammerfall mk1, rme fireface 400 or motu ultralite. i know there was similar topic here - http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php ... otu#177914 but it was about rme fireface 800 & rme fireface 800, i can read the specs and whatever but i firstly need to know your opinion. thanks in advice
theory
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: need to choose audio interface

Post by theory »

if u don't need 8 outputs than why buy it?? and also if u r producing electronic music u don't need 4 outputs, i have my m-box mini, lol...but is nice i get the pro tools whit it, its a bit to expensive but it do he job, but i will sell it very soon because i think to open a small studio for recording bands so i will need something bigger, but ones again if u don't need outputs why buy it?? :)
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

Why do you assume he doesn't need as many outputs :?

Go with RME. More consistent build quality and more stable drivers (on the PC) than Motu.
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

theory wrote:and also if u r producing electronic music u don't need 4 outputs, i have my m-box mini,

this is a plain stupid post.
I porduce electronic music and I have 8 outs, yet I'd like to afford a second RME to have 16 outs, some of us are mixing desk freaks, who like to split outputs, for me is very important to be able to route some sounds in dedicated mixer channels (outboarding like EQ, Compressors... ever heard of them?), both live and in the studio. And so for many others.

As for your m-box mini, man, get yourself togehter and get something that sounds good, the m-box are pieces of crap (i used one at work, plese no more).
I wonder what kind of studio you want to open if you can't figure out why electronic music can be done on multiple outputs...!

To the original poster: get RME, multiface II (not I) or fireface, you won't regret it.
The build quality, the sound quality and the drivers is way better by RME than MOtU (I used MOtUs at work so I know what I talking about here)
theory
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by theory »

man don't bullshitting me please...i know what i need, i just say that way the need of 8 mic inputs ????? why?? , u r right about the outboard, but 8 mic inputs for recording what?? i don't get u man...and please next time be more polite...i hate people like u...and about the m-box, i know that is not good , but i like pro tools, and i think i will never change prog.
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

theory wrote:man don't bullshitting me please...i know what i need, i just say that way the need of 8 mic inputs ????? why?? , u r right about the outboard, but 8 mic inputs for recording what?? i don't get u man...and please next time be more polite...i hate people like u...and about the m-box, i know that is not good , but i like pro tools, and i think i will never change prog.
Why are you rambling on about 8 mic pres???

Ultralite: 2 micpres.
FF 400: 2 micpres.
Multiface: 0 micpres.

Bullshitting indeed... :roll:
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

yes, BS indeed.

I do not have any single mic input in the multiface, there are 8 line ins.
I BS at you because you acted pretty arrogant towards the original posters with your lol's.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

Have a look at Maudio NRV 8.

Interface + Control Surface + Mixer(forth and back,youll see what i mean with this if you check it out)