mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimalwyte »

DUDE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!
Vito
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Vito »

[quote="iC3MaN"]why should they end? personally i have never heard them live but from the livesets i've got i've got to say that i quite like them.

i personally have never heard them live but from the livesets ive heard they both sound 10 times better alone!!

Especially Richie he needs to play alone to get the flow and transition that he projects when moving between tunes.His sets are a minimalistic journey
Beethovan acknowledged the visionary qualities of his music,saying those who understand it are freed from the miseries which others drag around with them....
Vito
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Vito »

smith wrote:
Thomas D and Jack Thomas wrote:It sucks to spend over a thousand dollars to fly to Miami and enjoy the conference and hear great music, but instead you find a lot of spoiled DJs taking the piss and putting little effort into it.
Perhaps the WMC is not the best place to go to hear talent behind the decks?
I've never had any interest in that cesspool of a conference. Even the anti-WMC events are kind of lame, but I guess if I lived/made art in Miami (i.e. schematic crew) I want to issue a big fck you to the "global dance music community."
Why the fck hold a music conferance in that show off slut ridden town and expect the tunes to be taken seriously. fck Miami!!
Beethovan acknowledged the visionary qualities of his music,saying those who understand it are freed from the miseries which others drag around with them....
spideresistance
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by spideresistance »

i'm very surprised nobody is discussing the last controversial step that has been taken and officially announced by richie in his recent message "we are back" published on m-nus homepage.

what do you think about the fully digital setup he will use from now on in his (DJ) performances?

he is not playing vinyl anymore!!!!

and what is all that "always more closer to the edit" crap if when I saw him at time warp he wasn't really editing nothing but just the usual take out the bass, put it back in, loop at some time, etc.

what's your opinion?

IMHO he should take some step back to the roots.
tknomel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tknomel »

spideresistance wrote:
what's your opinion?

Yeah all that digital crap isn't doing any good. Ok, it's a lot easier on the touring for him and I would prob do the same thing. But sounds and technologies have changed a lot over the past years. You can't be idling on the same point over and over, evolution of the scene and all. And I'm getting a lot older also...

I would also like to see some ol' decks, efx & 909 like back in the day... Anyway still looking forward to the 10 year M_NUS celebration here in Ghent during 10 days.
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

tknomel wrote:
spideresistance wrote:
what's your opinion?

Yeah all that digital crap isn't doing any good. Ok, it's a lot easier on the touring for him and I would prob do the same thing. But sounds and technologies have changed a lot over the past years. You can't be idling on the same point over and over, evolution of the scene and all. And I'm getting a lot older also...

I would also like to see some ol' decks, efx & 909 like back in the day... Anyway still looking forward to the 10 year M_NUS celebration here in Ghent during 10 days.
I'm all for him venturing into the all digital setup. However imo he really needs to start pulling it out of the bag, he was pretty cool the last 2 hours of Fabric in March but still I havent seen or heard any mindblowing "what the fck moments" which i no he is capable of. Call me a bore but i think he looks like he's having a little too much fun on the decks these days. If ur gonna go all digital you really should be doing something special to show why it's worth while playing in the way. At the moment i'm not to convinced, but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now, as it's richie of course.
TwelveHundred
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TwelveHundred »

The godfather of minimal techno.

I saw him at DEMF in 2006 and it was energy. Saw him in 2007 and it was AMAZING. By far one of the best DJ sets I have EVER heard! I know this sounds cheesy but, I had him sign my fisrt ever minimal techno mix cd. Means a lot to me.

Thats why I play Minimal Techno.
okzbow
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by okzbow »

primevil wrote:
tknomel wrote:
spideresistance wrote:
what's your opinion?

I'm all for him venturing into the all digital setup. However imo he really needs to start pulling it out of the bag, he was pretty cool the last 2 hours of Fabric in March but still I havent seen or heard any mindblowing "what the fck moments" which i no he is capable of. Call me a bore but i think he looks like he's having a little too much fun on the decks these days. If ur gonna go all digital you really should be doing something special to show why it's worth while playing in the way. At the moment i'm not to convinced, but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now, as it's richie of course.
I've seen him @ Fabric this year, but although I am big fan he isnt doin it for me at the moment... he is playing like all the lame friggin funky house djs with the bass (in out in out in out in out, climax, hands in the air... out in out in), and the story, line, in his sets is far far away.