Serbian scene rebuilding

- open
ArhiteK
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Serbian scene rebuilding

Post by ArhiteK »

I come from Serbia, And as we, people from serbia, tend to be, I'm really unhappy with way scene and artists (as well as consumers) act and create things in my countries dance and club scene. So, with some experience that I have, I decided that I will try to make some things move.

I have a dream! :)

There is a lot of kids around making music, djing trying to make for a living from club and dance scene, but problem is that in Serbia folk music scene is GIGANTIC, and club owners, sponsors etc. go for a profit. So all the real clubbing events fall appart quickly. Way to do this is to invest in scene, young artists, production, parties, and the scene will appear. Unfortunately those who now could do this are investing in themselves and trying to get out of here.There are some big events, organised by some marketing companies for beer, tobacco companies, and Exit festival, but non of those orgaizations really wish to invest in our artists.

My dream is to start with little cyber community and net label. First step is to gather kids around something. Help them to promote their work (wich is now lost in vast space of myspace, and internet as whole) communicate, group and work together. Together we could be stronger. There is a lot of DJ organizations, but there is no national DJ organization, and none of existing organizations try to do more then to make party, from time to time.
Second "organ" of this entity will be event organization. I Since around me I have designers, VJs, DJs, jugglers, actors, dancers etc. every aspect of interesting party could be covered.
Third thing is Radio Show. Few months now we are organizing a radio show on local radio station, so this is again one line of pr and marketing. In near future, this show will appear as podcast, so we can gain wider audience.
We are slowly investing in production studio, and finding a way to label, as well as music shop. Electronic and direct.

So first question is about netlabels. Can anybody advise me about this, how to form one, gain contacts, find ways of promotion. Of course, I have ideas of basic things, but little bit of advice from experience would certainly help. What to look for, what could be dangers and tests of will? I think that production scene could make stronger connections with artists in Europe and in the world, what could lead to more confidence in our own scene.

Second question is in general. Is there anybody here with experience in things I mentioned? Is there anybody who want to help? With idea, link, method, even mix for a radio show? What do you guys think of idea (except that it is utopian and dream like, i know that, and I love it that way ;)?
Daniel Logikal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Daniel Logikal »

Good luck with your venture, it will take time, money & patience, but the strong & dedicated will survive :)
ArhiteK
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ArhiteK »

Thanks m8, will I have, so it's only time left. :)
carlospereyra
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by carlospereyra »

isn't a bit too uthopical? it's a little bit of trying...

in our country (and some more places around the globe i think) big companies manage all the 'music market', so small artist find the way really hard. we were really stuck with our little careers... but we (as a matter of fact) came with a netlabel, and we're coming with promotion techniques like radioshows, weekly parties, and more stuff. if you are perseverant, you will achieve your goals and make it worthy. keep it up!

btw, if you need something, pm me (: