Sample cds

- ask away
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Sample cds

Post by aallvor »

Yes, I know everyone here hates 'which sample collection for instant mnml' questions, so let me put this one differently :wink:

Have you ever bought a sample collection that was a useful addition to your existing arsenal of synths and effects? Something that provided a different flavour to the type of fx you had the skills or means to create?

cheers
A
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

Fortunately, no! I tried a couple, but it's so limiting i can't explain. In my opinion, sample cd's are okay as far as drums, percussion and fx goes, whilst synths and basslines can't stand a chance.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
revy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by revy »

yeah i havent tried many but in the past they are usually disappointing.
best sample collections i've seen are the free ones on archipel. or also the reason refills by Peff are very good (and free!)

but i think half the fun of making a track is having more of a hand in creating each sound, either by synthesizing it, recording it, or sampling it yourself. plus this could make your music more unique sounding...
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

dont be a fuckass, make your own tracks OP,
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

livecollective wrote:dont be a fuckass, make your own tracks OP,
Oi! Language!

Don't confuse me with the instant mnml noobs :evil:

Why is it that

'I'm looking for some samples'

have to equal

'I want someone else to do the work for me'

around these parts :roll:
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Sample cds

Post by New Guy »

aallvor wrote:Yes, I know everyone here hates 'which sample collection for instant mnml' questions, so let me put this one differently :wink:

Have you ever bought a sample collection that was a useful addition to your existing arsenal of synths and effects? Something that provided a different flavour to the type of fx you had the skills or means to create?

cheers
A
I bought Kontakt 2, it came with 15 gigs of samples. And basicaly you know what the fun part is, using the samples as a start point, fucking around with them, making something different out of the samples.
I create own my own bass,lead, fx sounds with synths, but kontakt is a very good sampler, just load up a string intrument, change the sampler mode to time machine(or something else), slam in a dbd on the filter cutof or the pitch and have ZEX with ze zound and you will get zome very interezting rezultzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz......
(about the Z's: just fun no particular meaning or anything i was just entertaining myself) :lol:
livecollective
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by livecollective »

aallvor wrote:
livecollective wrote:dont be a fuckass, make your own tracks OP,
Oi! Language!

Don't confuse me with the instant mnml noobs :evil:

Why is it that

'I'm looking for some samples'

have to equal

'I want someone else to do the work for me'

around these parts :roll:
sorry, your response shows me that you are actually informed. We must fight these mnml noobs from finding our packs... HAHAH
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

aallvor wrote:instant mnml noobs :evil:
Nescafe mnml noobs. :lol:

Disclaimer: i have nothing against nescafe, nor mnml, nor noobz, i can't help it if your paranoid.

Disclaimer 2: the paranoid part was not meant as an offence, nor to the poster of the topic nor to the public. With using that word i just wanted to remind the paranoid people that they are paranoid and should relax and that everything is ok, it's all just in their heads.

Disclaimer 3: god am i paranoid. :lol: :lol: