VST synth for minimal music

- ask away
Mollin
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

VST synth for minimal music

Post by Mollin »

:?
Last edited by Mollin on Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

lmao
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

this is teh sht! (what all the REAL pros are using)
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

I saw a christmas special on that synth, if buy the synth between dec 17 and dec 24 you get a free scarf with it!
Mollin
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Mollin »

Robot Criminal
Such lameass ...
Last edited by Mollin on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ArhiteK
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ArhiteK »

MicroTonic, great for minimal drums and various effects. It is not sample but synthesis based, so even random turning the knobs can produce some interesting sounds. I sometimes use few instances of it, with differnet delay each, so with just few sounds U can make complex rhythm patterns.
U can also try some emulation of 808 or 909. Search the net for them. Some effects on top can make them sound crispy and present the right way.

For bass i use Moog Modular V2. Most massive one. Sometimes NI Massive. Massive U can also use for various efects, textures, atmos. Great synth. Moog also can do some effects, but sounds are more vintage like.

Maybe U can give a try to Rab Papen Albine. I didn't find it usefull for my workflow, but many people with real experience love it.

U can also try experimenting with basic synth sounds and samples (u can even record them with mic, jast go for a walk), chop them up, and experiment with some heavy effects. Delays, reverbs, flangers, phasers, modulators.

And experiment a lot. Try every possible combination of effects U have.

And most important of all. Try first to imagine really well what sound are you after. It will help YOu find the way to it, and not get lost while listening to presets and samples. If and when you find sample or preset that is close to Your imagined sound, try experimenting with it and get it right.
Jus using presets, without vision, makes generic tracks with no groove, feeling and esothery in it.
aallvor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by aallvor »

Some good stuff that I have:

-Ni Massive
-Majken Chimera (freeware)
-Korg Legacy Wavestation

Some good stuff that I don't have:

-Zebra2
-Karmafx Modular

None of these are very easy to use, but they're all very versatile (except maybe Chimera) and deep instruments. If you pick, for instance, Massive and Karmafx, and decide to work with those, you've got sounds to last you a life time :)
Kleig
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Kleig »

Synth1

Just fiddle around with it for a while and you'll get awesome tunes in no time