Detroit and spaces Synths

- ask away
_ToneDef_
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Detroit and spaces Synths

Post by _ToneDef_ »

Somebody knows the vst´s that sounds in tracks and music from detroit???

And in thinner label??

Me uses someones like korg or minimonsta but dont find synths like in the track from liquid level - plate or in the producers from thinner.

Many thx....
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

Polite version:

It's a question of programming sounds man and not a question of synths.

Unpolite version:

The only synth that can make that sound is Native Instruments Absynth, it's worth investing money in it because it will make your tracks sound detroitish, that is if you want that.
Now with thinner you would have to buy FM8 because thats the only synth that can make Thinner sounds.

Minimonsta can only make old school analogue sounds and shitty outdated 80s synth sounds. The korg isnt bad but cmon, it doesnt have that detroit preset in it's a pile of sh!t aswell.
So i suggest buying the Native Instruments product because those are the only products capable of making the souds that you are searching for.
I hope you have alot of money because you will need to buy alot of synths, because no synth can make the same sounds.
But the more you spend the more you will get back so invest my friend, invest!
And btw an insider tip, if you want cool mnml synth sounds buy the MNML synth, it can make gaiser drums, minilogue bass, whignomy synths and lots cool features that only this synth has!

Edit:

Explanation of the unpolite version:

I was being sarcastic! lol
:lol:
Last edited by New Guy on Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

if I were you I would write to the label and ask the question directly at the source.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

New Guy wrote: The only synth that can make that sound is Native Instruments Absynth, it's worth investing money in it because it will make your tracks sound detroitish, that is if you want that.
Now with thinner you would have to buy FM8 because thats the only synth that can make Thinner sounds.

!
I have both Absynth and Fm8. I will definatelly agree that these two are WORTH EVERY PENNY.

I LOVE absynth.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

I have FM8 and i love it too :lol:
S
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S »

yeh i think if you find the general synthesis - as in the combination of waveforms and filter settings to produce this sound + the right chords and the reverb, delay,compression settings you will get the noise your after.

Id tell u to experiment with these combinations.... by doing this you will develop a sound of your own... a good idea is to find a preset, usually called "detroit" and reverse engineer it. Its tough trying to recreate a sound or song you like... Usually its a very talented synth programer who will create a synths preset and usually it will sound a bit cheeze because its not origional and remember its the combination, chain of effects etc that does it and usualy a synth doesnt deal with the later.. blah blah :lol:
eryx666
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by eryx666 »

+1 4 MNML synth!
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

New Guy wrote: Unpolite version:

The only synth that can make that sound is Native Instruments Absynth, it's worth investing money in it because it will make your tracks sound detroitish, that is if you want that.

Minimonsta can only make old school analogue sounds and shitty outdated 80s synth sounds. The korg isnt bad but cmon, it doesnt have that detroit preset in it's a pile of sht aswell.
So i suggest buying the Native Instruments product because those are the only products capable of making the souds that you are searching for.
I hope you have alot of money because you will need to buy alot of synths, because no synth can make the same sounds.
But the more you spend the more you will get back so invest my friend, invest!
And btw an insider tip, if you want cool mnml synth sounds buy the MNML synth, it can make gaiser drums, minilogue bass, whignomy synths and lots cool features that only this synth has!

Nonsence!
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.