panorama bar (worried about not getting in)

- open
prenzlauer
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by prenzlauer »

Was a great night indeed! Zip was the highlight for me - especially his set in the morning. Fucked up stuff! :D

Not as weird as Ricardos horn-fanfare perhaps, but still...
Narcisse2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Narcisse2 »

minimim wrote:
Narcisse2 wrote:
Narcisse2 wrote:
JCH wrote:Best advice is to not go at peak hours. It can still be random if you get in or not. Berghain/Pan. equals hype. Not worth it, most of the times.
And what would be considered peak hours ?

What is the age limit to get in ? I am only 20 :(
I do look older, so that should not really be a problem. but if i dont get in, going back to canada is a long way and a lot of money lol. i am more worried about my girlfriend, shes only 19, but shes really hot, but i wonder if that matters at panorama...
Berlin is full of other nice places ... . You're not going there , from Canada, just for Panorama aren't you?
No, you're right, i am not. But I want to do the club circuit in Berlin: Watergate, Berghain, etc
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by chrisdisco »

Narcisse2 wrote:
minimim wrote:
Narcisse2 wrote:
Narcisse2 wrote:
JCH wrote:Best advice is to not go at peak hours. It can still be random if you get in or not. Berghain/Pan. equals hype. Not worth it, most of the times.
And what would be considered peak hours ?

What is the age limit to get in ? I am only 20 :(
I do look older, so that should not really be a problem. but if i dont get in, going back to canada is a long way and a lot of money lol. i am more worried about my girlfriend, shes only 19, but shes really hot, but i wonder if that matters at panorama...
Berlin is full of other nice places ... . You're not going there , from Canada, just for Panorama aren't you?
No, you're right, i am not. But I want to do the club circuit in Berlin: Watergate, Berghain, etc
my suggestion is make sure you dont just write off your whole time in berlin going to clubs (which is what i did on my first two visits). while the clubs are fantastic, berlin is a seriously dope city. plenty to check out and enjoy besides the music.
Narcisse2
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Narcisse2 »

haha dont worry, im not that kind of tourist !

Coming from another continent, when you get to Europe, you make sure to spend a lot of time there and to see everything a country/city has to offer !
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by chrisdisco »

Narcisse2 wrote:haha dont worry, im not that kind of tourist !

Coming from another continent, when you get to Europe, you make sure to spend a lot of time there and to see everything a country/city has to offer !
yep well i came from australia but it still didnt stop me spending my first trip in berlin going panorama, sleep, sightseeing, watergate, sleep, club de visionaire, sleep, depart.

i cant remember the name of it but there is a really cool modern art museum near the big train station that is worth checking.
prenzlauer
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by prenzlauer »

chrisdisco wrote:

yep well i came from australia but it still didnt stop me spending my first trip in berlin going panorama, sleep, sightseeing, watergate, sleep, club de visionaire, sleep, depart.

i cant remember the name of it but there is a really cool modern art museum near the big train station that is worth checking.
http://www.hamburgerbahnhof.de/
Hegel
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hegel »

prenzlauer wrote:
chrisdisco wrote:

well said :)
berlin is not ibiza ! It's also the new world capital for contemporary art - especially painting...
And Hamburgerbahnhof is the Panorama bar of contemporary art, and some galleries are the Hardwax for it
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by chrisdisco »

Hegel wrote:
prenzlauer wrote:
chrisdisco wrote:

well said :)
berlin is not ibiza ! It's also the new world capital for contemporary art - especially painting...
And Hamburgerbahnhof is the Panorama bar of contemporary art, and some galleries are the Hardwax for it
yep, that's it. had some amazing stuff when i was there. the big 'mao' by warhol is amazing and there are a series of paintings near there by an eastern european artist which were really nice. hmm. i need to go back to berlin.