[Ferrispark] Scott Ferguson - Save Our Sons and Daughters

- wax
ferrispark
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[Ferrispark] Scott Ferguson - Save Our Sons and Daughters

Post by ferrispark »

After the international success of Scott Ferguson's numerous 12" record releases on his own Ferrispark imprint and many others, (Gigolo, Deep Vibes, Third Ear, Deep Explorer, etc...) Ferguson presents his first full-length album entitled "Save Our Sons and Daughters." The album combines diverse musical styles and influences reflecting an eclectic taste in rhythms and sound. Available now on beatport!

Click the link below to listen and buy...

https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/con ... ail/82892/
urban_wind
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by urban_wind »

If this is half as good as the Walden Ponds EP then it's a must!
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

top notch!
antonio_pt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by antonio_pt »

the last track on the album is absolutely beautiful. will play it as the last tune of the night on my next gig!

btw, are you planning to release the ferrispark backcatalogue on digital formats?
ferrispark
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ferrispark »

Wow! Thank you for the kind words. I received an email about comments made to my post and honestly I was thinking it was someone telling me to get my self-promoting arse off the forum.

I have not decided about the back catalogue as of yet. I do know there will be another full length album by myself -self promoting again :) in December entitled "Ferris Street". Its basically a collection of older tracks from the "Dump Days" era that I never had the money to release on vinyl. (Which is actually what the Waldon Ponds ep is, tracks circa 1998, 1999) I have hundreds of tracks sitting here taking up hard drive space.

Do you think the Ferrispark back catalogue is something the digital world would be interested in? Or do you think it detracts from the rarity of the records and I should only concentrate on new FPR or previously unreleased?

I ask you my fellow disc jockys, producers, and music connoisseurs...
mandrup
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mandrup »

ferrispark wrote:Wow! Thank you for the kind words. I received an email about comments made to my post and honestly I was thinking it was someone telling me to get my self-promoting arse off the forum.

I have not decided about the back catalogue as of yet. I do know there will be another full length album by myself -self promoting again :) in December entitled "Ferris Street". Its basically a collection of older tracks from the "Dump Days" era that I never had the money to release on vinyl. (Which is actually what the Waldon Ponds ep is, tracks circa 1998, 1999) I have hundreds of tracks sitting here taking up hard drive space.

Do you think the Ferrispark back catalogue is something the digital world would be interested in? Or do you think it detracts from the rarity of the records and I should only concentrate on new FPR or previously unreleased?

Personally I think you should concentrate on new material but unreleased stuff would be fantastic too - dump days is one of my all-time favourites. And no digital btw : P

Album sounds promising. :)
antonio_pt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by antonio_pt »

ferrispark wrote:Wow! Thank you for the kind words. I received an email about comments made to my post and honestly I was thinking it was someone telling me to get my self-promoting arse off the forum.

hi scott,

i'm a big fan of your label since the early days and i have a lot of the releases on vinyl. i still think making the catalogue available to the 'new digital-only generation' is a great idea, not only because you and your artists will be able to earn more money for your early hard work (which i bet was paid with your heart, soul, and whatever came in handy!) but also because you will give this new generation the opportunity to get to know the amazing backcatalogue. i think this will definitely contribute to help pay new vinyl releases of new or unreleased material, and also help your label grow steadily.

my 2 cents!
antonio
ferrispark
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ferrispark »

Thank you antonio,

I really appreciate your support throughout the years. It may sound lame but its words like yours that really make having a small label worth it.

I agree with every aspect of what you are saying. (Very positive, which is also my style.) I really appreciate your point of view because I wonder if by making the releases so easily available I fail the older generation (my generation) that used their valuable time and hard earned money to purchase the original vinyl, giving Ferrispark what it needed to sustain life. Do I devalue those records for those who originally purchased them? Do I deny a younger generation the chance to hear the older music? Its a very difficult choice, or maybe its not a big deal at all.