Live setup

- ask away
isaaclevy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by isaaclevy »

sorgenkind wrote:Atheroy,

I definitively see your point about the missing impact, I like the physical aspect of the loudness too, but after the first 3 months I got used to plugs, now not that I don't notice the difference but as said, I got used to it.
The trick is to wear them immediately when entering the club and if possible ( I really can't play my liveacts with plugs in) never unplug them, until the end of the party.
i will start doing that then.thanks for the tip.
sorgenkind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by sorgenkind »

manzatour wrote:
sorgenkind wrote:Atheroy,

I definitively see your point about the missing impact, I like the physical aspect of the loudness too, but after the first 3 months I got used to plugs, now not that I don't notice the difference but as said, I got used to it.
The trick is to wear them immediately when entering the club and if possible ( I really can't play my liveacts with plugs in) never unplug them, until the end of the party.
yes sometimes is healthy to wear condoms ;)
and choosing the right earplugs also helps. i'm not an expert but there are models that reduce only certain frequencies.
the earplugs you get at the partys are really unconfortable (still better than nothing at all...).
My advice is to look for Jrenum filters, you can choose between several type of filters, linear or not.
I have some which cut 34 dB at 60 Hz (those freqs are more felt then heard anyway), 25 dB at 500Hz and 20 at 8KHz. So at the party I kinda have living room level, my ears never get tired.
Those are a bit extreme filters anyway, might not suit everyone's tastes but as said, Jrenum offers several filters type.