vinyl gets released before digital versions

- open
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

vinyl gets released before digital versions

Post by zentex »

i've noticed that lately most(or at least many) of the new releases that come out get released on vinyl 1-2 weeks before the digital releases. it used to be the other way around but now the trend seems to have changed.

can anybody tell is there a reason for this?

(as a total vinyl addict i'm happy to have this way...)
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

i'd guess it's because they want to sell as many vinyls as possible (as they have payed for pressing x copies after all). selling mp3s doesn't cost much (at least not compared to pressing vinyl), so in my eyes i think it's a good solution for the "problem".

actually i think it's very strange that some labels do it opposite, with digital first, and then vinyl. but it's their choice, if it works for them, then it's fine :-)
urban_wind
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by urban_wind »

I think word and sound distribution had something to do with this. My record dealer showed me a letter they send him a couple of months ago where they announced a meeting where they would discuss how to solve this problem (mp3s being released before the vinyl and vinyl sales dropping).
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

urban_wind wrote:I think word and sound distribution had something to do with this. My record dealer showed me a letter they send him a couple of months ago where they announced a meeting where they would discuss how to solve this problem (mp3s being released before the vinyl and vinyl sales dropping).
2 weeks of vinyl exclusive

Kompakt, Word And Sound, InterGroove, Neuton and Groove Attack has agreed to this (so this is Germany's distributors).
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

patrick bateman wrote:
urban_wind wrote:I think word and sound distribution had something to do with this. My record dealer showed me a letter they send him a couple of months ago where they announced a meeting where they would discuss how to solve this problem (mp3s being released before the vinyl and vinyl sales dropping).
2 weeks of vinyl exclusive

Kompakt, Word And Sound, InterGroove, Neuton and Groove Attack has agreed to this (so this is Germany's distributors).
this is what i heard also.

i can't feel nothing but happy about this. actually, a month would've been even better..
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

i think two weeks is good....1 month and people might actually get off their asses and record it for ppl.
signatures suck
perik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by perik »

good thing to keep the vinyl alive!!
s.k.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by s.k. »

very nice