AFX analord series

- wax
sohrab
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: AFX analord series

Post by sohrab »

gusta wrote:Home made polysinth on Analord 4 is such an emotional track, beautiful. Other song on the A side is also very good.
man....I love that track!
by the way,anyone know what he uses for drums?
entropy
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by entropy »

Jesse Somfay wrote: As for the Analord series being shitty, I would not go as far as to say that. That is a bit harsh methinks. If you don't like it, that's alright. It's just frivolous to go around calling something sht.
I totally agree with that! Especially for analord!

I haven't heard all of them, but i've got 04 at home, and i really love it, it's wonderful! Just like someone said before, quite ''emotional'' track,a beauty!
"So the kids take a pill to feel the funk and the DJ takes a pill to feel the funk. I don't take a pill to feel the funk." (Derrick May)
chilly
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by chilly »

gusta wrote:Not really minimal records, but I know you are all broad-minded people so hopefully it's not a problem. 8)

What are you thoughts/views about this records?

I only bought analord 4 & 5 and yeah what can I say..

Home made polysinth on Analord 4 is such an emotional track, beautiful. Other song on the A side is also very good.
On Number 5 we can find 2 masterpieces; Brilliant tracks.
Is this supposed to come out on cd anytime soon? Someone mentioned that they are also available on coloured wax but i never seen any.. Has anyone else?
gusta
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by gusta »

quote]

Is this supposed to come out on cd anytime soon? Someone mentioned that they are also available on coloured wax but i never seen any.. Has anyone else?[/quote]

I don't think these records will appear on a cd, plenty of vinyls.

Never heard about coloured wax though, maybe you mean the analord 10, that's a black-white picture disc.
Meanwhile I bought all the analords. 4 & 5 are still my favorites. Excellent tracks on some of the other records but also some fillers.
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

I wouldn't classify this as "crap" but I would say that I was THOROUGHLY dissappointed w/ the entire Analord series. Yet, dispite my opinion, they all sold well and people would come into the store and ask for them by name. Not a lot of electronica artists can do that, ya know.. I liked the concept but didn't find any of the material to be very memorable or really exciting. To each's own I suppose but the Analord series wasn't for me. Give me old Aphex Twin any day..
chilly
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by chilly »

gusta wrote:quote]

I don't think these records will appear on a cd, plenty of vinyls.

Never heard about coloured wax though, maybe you mean the analord 10, that's a black-white picture disc.
Meanwhile I bought all the analords. 4 & 5 are still my favorites. Excellent tracks on some of the other records but also some fillers.
I have seen the analord 10, but someone somewhere ( I think it was someone tthat worked for a New York record store) mentioned a coloured version for all of the releases in the series.. Hmm. Probably talking about another artist.. :( I will have to go an ask about it..Then slap them....
:)
bratpfanne
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by bratpfanne »

apart from the second one, i don't really like the analord stuff.....
i think he just did it to avoid the bankruptcy of rephlex records....apparently they also really suffered after the bankruptcy of the efa distribution .....
sohrab
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sohrab »

maybe its because he released more than 40 track in a short period so you know what happens in case like this.
althought I must admit in collections like this there are always some tracks for each listener to dislike.its normal I think.