I am lost...

- ask away
okaythen
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

I am lost...

Post by okaythen »

When you are new with producing, you are completely lost in the amount of softwares and plug-ins..

Of course every artist has got his own secrets, but the very detailed and complex micro sounds, how do you create that?! Is it samples or a virtual instrument which makes you able to create completly new sounds?

I can't create what I 've got in my head because of it.

http://mp3.juno.co.uk/MP3/SF1256731-02-01-02.mp3

For example, this track, how do you get this cinematic sounds? Is it created by the artist himself with a virtual instrument or it's a sample reworked? I am often very astonished by the details and I always wonder : "Where do they find theses sounds?!" I think you know what I mean.

And, another question, are there more plug-in for Mac or for Windows?

Thanks to all. :o
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

try sampling and resampling your sounds and effecting in different ways each time

and as far as plug ins go...

i say choose the least amount of plug-ins and make the most of that

how many plug ins you have has no relation to how good of a producer you are
signatures suck
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

mlexicon wrote:
how many plug ins you have has no relation to how good of a producer you are
that is very true, i say for a beginner get only one synth and make all the sounds from that one. force yourself, dont get lazy and download bazillion plugins in hope for finding that cinematic sound...

thats how i started im pretty sh!t in music production dont think im a pro or something, but i had alot of success with limiting myself to one vsti.

btw, my vst was minimonsta.
ksandvik
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ksandvik »

Also, if you purchase a special kind of plug-in, let's say Reaktor, you could spend years just exploring this one, and not be afraid of sounding old and proven, as such an architecture is very much open-ended. --Kent
Robot Criminal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Robot Criminal »

ksandvik wrote:Also, if you purchase a special kind of plug-in, let's say Reaktor, you could spend years just exploring this one, and not be afraid of sounding old and proven, as such an architecture is very much open-ended. --Kent
and u can make ALL the sounds just with reaktor. ok, not speech but...

u get my drift
Image we are all atomic and subatomic particles and we are all wireless...
okaythen
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by okaythen »

Thanks for your answers :)
andei
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by andei »

i'm new too so i don't have much advices for you but i think that sampling reverb tails and apply fx's to them to distort them even more can get you some good micro sounds.

for any reaktor user: should i give it a try or should i learned more about synthesis before using it?. 'cause everywere i read about it's futuristic sounds,etc but a the same time i've heard it's really hard to use.
ksandvik
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ksandvik »

andei wrote:i'm new too so i don't have much advices for you but i think that sampling reverb tails and apply fx's to them to distort them even more can get you some good micro sounds.

for any reaktor user: should i give it a try or should i learned more about synthesis before using it?. 'cause everywere i read about it's futuristic sounds,etc but a the same time i've heard it's really hard to use.
It's not so hard to use the ensembles, but it's somewhat hard to build your own ones. You could start with a pre-existing one and modify it, in case you are interested. Otherwise, there are hundreds and hundreds of ensembles to download; synths, loop manglers, drum machines, and so on... Only drawback is that you need a somewhat powerful CPU, but if you have an Intel Core Duo or something similar you should be fine. --Kent