Gaiser

- ask away
Toob
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Gaiser

Post by Toob »

Hello there..

I've been listening minimal for quite a while and I recently started to produce some myself. I was wondering how Gaiser gets his typical sound. Of course there is no fun in copying what he does, buth just technically.. Maybe we could all learn from his techniques. So if anyone knows something about the vst's, methods he is using or other production aspects it would be nice to hear.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

you can't be a leader if are a follower.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
i think you sig says it all, next time just post an arrow pointing down to your sig.
:lol:
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

hahahahahhahaaa, exactly!

Hi 5!

mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

im kinda tired of bashing on everyone

even if it sounds like a stupid question

dont act like you ever wondered how _______ did that, or whatever

so giving away "secrets" sometimes might not be used for straight up immitation, but they might take that knowledge and branch it off to a whole other direction that someone hasnt thought of....thus creating innovation

that being said...I dont like Gaiser and i dont find his sound innovating at all, so I couldnt help u.

you want someone innovating....check out an artist called spandex

he runs circles around this sh!t
signatures suck
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

mlexicon wrote:
so giving away "secrets" sometimes might not be used for straight up immitation,

yeah, ur right, but the person who recieves that knowledge takes it for granted. he asked X and got the information he needed, but in the long run, he actually never learned that, just borrowed. so it's not something you soaked by learning. i might sound a bit abstract to some...oh well.
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

the important thing here is that this kind of question has been asked bazillion times already, and i think its perfectly understandable that after a time all the helpfull people get fucking tired of being polite.

and to the giving secrets away thing one thing comes to my mind - easy come easy go! you get what you give and all that bla bla bla....
the more time you spend with something, suffering to solve it the more rewarding the fruit of it will be. it makes you stronger to swet blood over something.

But lets look at it this way, if we dont want anyone to become stronger then we should tell them how things are done, he will know the secret but still he will be a week little chicken dck, who can only survive with the help of others, who relys on others for achieving anything.

Hey, its more power to those who learned stuff the hard way, so all is good.

oh god.
Last edited by New Guy on Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.