.EXQUISITE CORPSE. INTERNATIONAL MIX PROJECT!!!!

- dj/live pa

Moderators: John Clees, Benjamin Fehr, Tim Tor, Thomas Melchior

audiophile
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

.EXQUISITE CORPSE. INTERNATIONAL MIX PROJECT!!!!

Post by audiophile »

hey everyone,

I just had a LOVELY IDEA!!!! Are any of you familiar with the Surrealist concept of an Exquisite Corpse?

http://www.exquisitecorpse.com/definition.html

so, you get the concept??? OK here's my idea....lets do a SONIC Exquisite Corpse! This will provide US with the most IDEAL oppurtunity to collaborate on a project that can span CONTINENTS...

I will post a mix of just TWO records and host it on my site....I will then post a link HERE, on MNML, of where you can download the mix...

The next willing candidate then downloads the mix, and then adds TWO(and only TWO) mixed records of his own at the end of the mix, making sure to let the second record play out completely, to give the next DJ ample time to mix...

few simple guidlines...

-if you do not have a domain to repost your mixes, unless someone will host it for you, you will NOT be able to participate. I would gladly share my webspace if I had enough, I simply DO not, unfortunately.
-make sure to re-post your updated mixes in 192kps MP3 format to ensure sound quality
-include the total time of the mix AFTER your contribution, so that the next participant/DJ knows when he needs to start mixing...
-include an UPDATED playlist, including the following information
+artist
+title
+label
+your name/dj name
+your LOCATION

remember...the whole idea is to have FUN with this, and remember that the possibilities are ENDLESS....we might even start having MULTIPLE versions of the same mix, who KNOWS....

once we can get a mix up to 80 mins, I will host the finished product on my website for the whole world to enjoy!!! Are YOU up to the challenge????

Here we go....BLAST-OFF!

www.thesoulthatcreates.com/corpses/exquisite.mp3

1. Fiorna(Charles Cooper) "So Important" PAROTIC (Audiophile/Chicago)
2. D.Diggler "Jackpot" RAUM MUSIK (Audiophile/Chicago)

total time 9:16...and, remember, I let the second track play out, all the way through, so the next DJ has ample time mix his next trax.

please feel to post comment, feedback, or ways to improve on the concept...lets ALL get involved

PEACE,
vlad
Last edited by audiophile on Tue May 03, 2005 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harm Rhebergen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harm Rhebergen »

*marked as "sticky"*

I think this is a great idea! Can't participate myself since I don't mix with my computer and I dont know how to do this technically with my normal records but I think there are enough people who can do this....

So, start mixing y'all.. 8)
*I support southern fruits*
audiophile
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by audiophile »

Harm Rhebergen wrote:*marked as "sticky"*

I think this is a great idea! Can't participate myself since I don't mix with my computer and I dont know how to do this technically with my normal records but I think there are enough people who can do this....

So, start mixing y'all.. 8)
Harm,

you absolutely can participate!!!!

download what I posted....burn to CD, set-up a CD player to play the disk, set-up CD player to your mixer on one channel...and mix your records on the other channel...easy!
audiophile
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by audiophile »

just imagine if we can get some big names to contribute....imagine having a mix where your mix proceeds or follows a contribution by Magda, Tejada, D.Bell, etc????

oh MAN! :!: We already got some names on this board...Paging Mr. Bern.......paging Jeff Bennett.....paging Brian Anyerism....COME ON WITH IT :lol:

I AM EXCITED!!!! HELP SPREAD THE WORD!
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

Wow thats a great idea Vladmir..i think i will participate
audiophile
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by audiophile »

minimal house wrote:Wow thats a great idea Vladmir..i think i will participate
PAGING MR. POPKAN!! YEAH!!!!! :!:
ganik
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by ganik »

really great idea 8)

Im also in :wink:
multum in parvo
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harass »

o god, if you're serious about this, and it's done in a professional manner ... I’ll add -- i pity the person who has to upload the whole set at the end though

EDIT***
you're going to need to plan everything out more.. Thinking about it, you need to get a website up first, and a database working.. then you need to get a list of people interested and have a bidding system so people can bid on when they want to add their tracks.

don't rush in just yet