how many in the world like us?

- open
spideresistance
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

how many in the world like us?

Post by spideresistance »

let's face it, there's not a big amount of ppl in the world wich are fanatics (die hard fans, trainspotters, supporters, passionates, call it how you want..) like many people that write on this (or also other) forums. don't get me wrong, it's not only the fact of writing on forums but the way we are commited to the cause, making it almost like a religion.
people that even if they earn nothing from this way of life, continue to follow the evolution of electronic music, from the roots until nowaday, showing big respect to the artists going to the parties (maybe abroad sometimes), buying and listening to the music and give feedbacks, knowing almost everything about new or old releases, always fascinated to discover new things about this art that is 313ctronicmusic. people that don't only follow the trend of the moment, but who have already passed through different trends and ages and still stay true like day one, and will remain forever supporting in a way or another this scene. how many ppl like us in the world? 10'000? 100'000? what do you think?

i ask this because after years (12 at the moment) of parties and music lessons i got to the conclusion that most of the electronic audience is not intrested in more than the party experience. wich is not wrong, of course.

do you think at the moment most of electronic music released "is produced for us fanatics", or only to please the mass?
532nm
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 532nm »

producers try their hardest to make tracks that everyone will like, especially the heads.
if it's less than great it shouldnt be released, unfortunatly this is seldom the case.

who knows though, there are time you hear something once and hate it, hear it again in 2 years and love it.

art is an organic shifting thing, never judge it to harshly upon first impressions.
Fonque
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: how many in the world like us?

Post by Fonque »

spideresistance wrote:after years (12 at the moment) of parties and music lessons i got to the conclusion that most of the electronic audience is not intrested in more than the party experience. wich is not wrong, of course.
I've actually recognized this after 7 years. Thus I sometimes refuse to play any records from the past 3 months, or even records produced after 1999. Funny thing when people do not recognize it :lol:
"What is underground? Dig a fucking hole and stick your head in it."

http://www.myspace.com/mrfonk

"yeah, vinyl is real! all these cd's and downloads are bullshit, they aint real."
Leighton Ashcroft
Donnchú
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Donnchú »

We are, as they say in the industry, chin-strokers!
dzan
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dzan »

spideresistance wrote:do you think at the moment most of electronic music released "is produced for us fanatics", or only to please the mass?
For us. I would think so.
miroslav
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by miroslav »

It's always been this way - the passionate are always the few; the masses are always fickle.
inesb
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by inesb »

spideresistance wrote: people that ... continue to follow the evolution of electronic music, from the roots until nowaday... always fascinated to discover new things ...but who have already passed through different trends and ages ....
after years (12 at the moment) of parties and music lessons ...
count me in !! after many years, with obliged "rests" (because we're adults now)....

as for the question, it depends on who the producer is...
I have many friends who love music and sound in general, they looove to produce strange & surprising sounds...
on the other hand, I know many ppl who think of what masses like & what's "it" now & going mainstream...
there are the same types you can find anywhere in arts & showbiz.