mnml maxi

Robag Wruhme

Post by Rich »

Robag Wruhme

a.k.a.:
DJ Gabor, part of Wighnomy Brothers

bio:

Music is the light of their lives!
Greetings, friends of the savoury palate. There are more or less three different stylistic methods concerning food ingestion: 1. orderly consumption; 2. suffering through some form of diet and; 3. a balanced feast. The Wighnomy Brothers of Jena have applied the latter, not only to the taking in of nature’s fruitage, but by applying this also to their daily intake of music. Next is to deftly inform the rest of the world. Hereby they purloin not only the vinyl classics of others, but keep to the ultimate aim of keeping their own irons in the forge. The two, tone-artists junkies Gabor Schablitzki (alias Rogag Wruhme) and Soeren Bodner (alias Monkey Mafia), react to and revolve around the verbal confrontation.
Both tap into you, starting stealthily as a mere bud in your soul, which eventually conquers your musical devotion. It all began with blond perms, armbands, striped stretch pants, heavy (emphasis on heavy) metal and everything that goes with that image. Actually, that is just a collection of lies told with a sigh and a smile. The two buddies’s got to know each other in 1998 while break dancing. The way it happens with some adolescents, the different music styles that passed through their eardrums started with Hip Hop, early electronica of every colour, ambient, house, techno, jazz, funk, and even alternative/independent rock. Both soon concluded that the true sound aesthetic is far away from the instruments; at full blast it is only what pours out of the grooves in the vinyl. This being the case, the established “Phonothek” absorbs, selects and then releases product. The first refuge: Gabor stood in the mid-90’s as “ The Chill-Out DJ”, behind the decks on many a relaxing floor of mother earth. In the meantime he played with Herbie Hancock and stood as a virtuoso in a keyboard shop. In 1996 with Volker Kahl he started the Beefcake project. With his, rather experimental but simultaneously harmonious, electronica-devoted release he had notched his own international respect. Until 1997, Gabor & Soeren dashed through the Thüringer club and party scene, and are currently residents in the renowned Club Kassablanca in Jena. However only since April 97 they are known as the Wighnomy Brothers. Since the founding of the Freude am Tanzen label, business has steadily improved. Of course, not without the stumbling blocks and setbacks that happen with marketing mechanisms. However, in accord with the motto “Stehter Tropfen höhlt den Stein” (words of wisdom which mean when translated, steady drops will drill a hole in stone), the FAT vehicle with the Wighnomy Brothers steam engine stays on track. Also, for the last two years there is the added train car called Musikkrause and, the friendly collaboration with the Cologne based Kompakt stable must also be mentioned here. The always multifaceted style of the WB’s has been further developed through club experience, production, and still more flavour expansion efforts. This all brings a functional kick with the ever-present view to the thoroughly rocked dance floor. Originally, they were native to deep and traditional house together with Latin, vocal, and Nujazz flavouring. The musical spectrum lying between advanced in the direction of “raving with reason”. Therefore, stirring, intelligent, technotronic, wide ranging dance music of incalculable worth to body and soul welcomes you. Everything out of the speakers goes straight to the bones, bringing your blood to a boil whether minimal, bounce, shuffling, break, or jazzed tracks. Both gentlemen are solo artists: Roban Wruhme (also as producer) and Monkey Maffia, allowing (when the “blessed union” is on hiatus) both gentlemen the liberty to give and receive unique inspirations. This serves the Wighnomy Brothers the benefit of bringing fresh impressions to the table when collaborating. Monkey-Soeren is also the owner of the FAT-Plastics label in Jena: quite the ideal refuge and communications platform. Wodka raus, Wighnomy frei!!! (Break out the vodka, Wighnomy is free!!!)

releases:

Tracks:

FAT 001 "let me be a fool of love"
FAT 001 "guten morgen jena"
FAT 002 "summertime"
FAT 004 "la collazione" /// feat. mischa
FAT 004 "la cena" /// feat. delhia
FAT 005 "golden eldorado interpretazione"
FAT 005 "golden eldorado" - fat kooperative version
FAT 006 "sputnikk shokk" /// feat. delhia
FAT 006 "down" /// feat. delhia
FAT 007 "nobody does it better"
FAT 009 "i miss you babe"
FAT 009 "lovely day" /// feat. delhia
FAT 009 "yearning" /// feat. delhia
FAT 009 "bobb" /// feat. robag wruhme
FAT 015 "bodyrock" /// feat. robag wruhme
FAT 015 "1974"
FAT 015 "alright"
MK 002 "back01"
MK 002 "back02"
MK 002 "selfmade"
MK 003 "august macke"
MK 006 "frandga" /// feat. delhia
MK 006 "wortkabular"
MK 006 "beatkutter"
MK 006 "encounters"
MK 008 "killerteppich"
MK 008 "spekk - drumm"
MK 008 "zündblättchen"
MK 008 "draw halycon days"
MK 008 "endless 01"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

EP:

FAT 009 - Wighnomy Brothers - Wighnomy EP
FAT 015 - Wighnomy Brothers - Bodyrock EP Nightclubbingmusic
FAT 010 - Wighnomy Bros. - 24/7:you

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Musik Krause Releases:
MK 002 - Robag Wruhme - Backkatalog
MK 003 - R.Wruhme / Metabo Man - 2 Männer im split
MK 006 - Robag Wruhme - Kopfnikker
MK 008 - Wighnomy Bros. & R. Wruhme - Poly-tikk EP

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Remix:

FAT 003 "summertime eine laue sommernacht"
FAT 008 "just a dream" (Wighnomy Brothers RMX)
FAT 012 "who instructed ..." (WB Basslicker RMX)
FAT 012 "who instructed ..." (WB FlippinDub RMX)
FAT 014 "feeling love" (WB give peace a chance RMX)
MK 003 "easy woman" (Robag Wruhme Remix)
KOMPAKT SCSI9 "all she wants is" (WB Remix)
KOMPAKT SCSI9 "all she wants is" (R. Wruhme Remix)
MOSFERRY Dapayk&Padberg "think&speak"(WB Remix)
FAT 016 "musik" (WB Spurspalten Rexmi)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

bookings:

Freude-am-Tanzen Booking c/o
Grit Sachse
Schillergässchen 5
07745 Jena / Germany

Kontakt /// Grit Sachse (Agent Griede)
Telefon /// 0049 - 3641 - 35 38 02
Telefax /// 0049 - 3641 - 35 38 01
Mobil /// 0049 - 177 - 23 52 69 4

source: http://freude-am-tanzen.com

What do people think of Robag Wruhme??

I only discovered him recently, and I've been downloading a lot of his tracks. It's weird to find out that I actually recognise some of them from mixes I've got by people like Hawtin or Magda. These are tunes I liked when listening to the mix, but didn't know who they were by, and it turns out it was him!

He seems to make a few different styles though. He's done some really glitchy minimal stuff like "Killerteppich," "Beatkutter Kopfnikker" and "Worktabular," and then some more meoldic, relaxed stuff like "That's selfmade" and "Easy Woman" and I like all of these tracks. But then he's done some purely ambient tracks, with no beats, which I just don't like at all. (I can't think of an example at the moment)

So what do people think of him? Personally, I'm a big fan of his funky, glitchy sound!
Harm Rhebergen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harm Rhebergen »

Awesome producer! I have 3 12" records and his last album (2LP) and their just great! He has a very "own" recognizable style (very pounding minimal)...

Just great! Looking forward to hearing him this saturday @ AWFS!
*I support southern fruits*
Lauhaus
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Lauhaus »

great producer.
i have about ten of his records and there all great. unique sound.
one of my favorites...
skrammel
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by skrammel »

gonna check some of his stuff out, thx.

any 12" u specially recommend and wich labels?
feel that beat
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

Take a look here for more info:

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Robag_Wruhme

Tracks I especially rate are Killerteppich, Worktabular and Jena Makks, but take a look through his stuff (easy to find on Soulseek if you can't find audio clips) because his style can vary.

Funky, glitchy, dancefloor beats!
skrammel
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by skrammel »

wich labels is his "pounding minimal" sound on?
feel that beat
Ben
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ben »

skrammel wrote:wich labels is his "pounding minimal" sound on?
Musik Krause.

Robag is a good producer his "Wuzzelbud" EP rocked!!
http://www.polarise.be
-Projecting A New Vision-
Leander_Techno
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Leander_Techno »

Excellent producer and a good DJ.. Looking forward to see him @ Awakenings Festival next saturday