Richie Chart on Beatport.......Opinions?

- open
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Richie Chart on Beatport.......Opinions?

Post by primevil »

Firstly, I havent started the topic to ask for people's opinions on Richie's choice in tracks etc, more to the fact that Richie freakin' Hawtin has posted a chart! Richie doesn't do charts does he!?....Am I right or am I mistaken?

I'm aware this will be a business decision to help support beatport and digital distribution etc but has he sold his soul to help support the scene or what? Has he sacrificed his own artistic soul to try and expand his chosen electronic scene? I mean for me its always that catch 22 situation that you want more new people to get into underground scenes, but then if everyone is into it, it's no longer special...i don't know the answer. I just miss the more mysterious mastermind Hawtin. But maybe people who knew hawtin right from the start could be moaning about how he wasnt as good even 5 years ago....and so the cycle goes on etc..
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

people get old, the thinking and aproach to things change.
he has contributed alot to this music ALOT in the past, so i dont blame him or disaprove his moves now, hes a smart guy.
who knows maybe in 5 years he'll come up with another fucking mysterious material.
i listened to his charts, and nothing special, but then again i havent bought a "mnml" track in months now soooo yeah, thats me.
:D
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

i like the 2nd track in his charts....some nice house, but yeah the rest is nothing special. i'm hoping he has something to do with surround sound up his sleave, but we'll have to see.
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

OMFG RICHIE HAWTIN CHART. OMFG.

Well, at least anybody on that chart can afford to buy a new house now with all the sales coming in from people buying tracks off of it. ;)
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

where's the post about people's opinions on Alexi Delano's chart?
Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com
topperanza
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by topperanza »

Rochey wrote:where's the post about people's opinions on Alexi Delano's chart?
ahah right!
...the last thing i remember is...

https://soundcloud.com/topper
Evad
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Evad »

Who f*cking cares his chart is on Beatport? At least he's not as pathetic as that Christian Paduraru dude who only charts his own productions of his own 'labels'... Very strange he got allowed to release through Beatport.
chrisdisco
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by chrisdisco »

arent people normally complaining about richie and others not id'ing what they're playing? i love seeing dj charts. the more the better.