gowans - interlude

- music
gowans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

gowans - interlude

Post by gowans »

hi, just made a track its my first proper track ive worked on so i could do with some feedback :) its called interlude on my myspace page. http://www.myspace.com/davidgowansmusic

thanks.
Ruso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ruso »

beginning intro: first thing I notice is the odd kick, but the song can get away with it because the kick works with the rest of the drums...

the song has progression so far(I'm listening as I type) I like the ambience. It was good progression up until about 3:00 but now it's been a little repetitive, you should change the theme a bit.... ya it's been the exact same thing for a 1:20 now which is too long for something not to change at all. you should either fade out and finish the song at arround 5 minutes or change the theme a lot after 5 minutes...

that's really the only problem with the song and is the hardest thing to learn in making music, making progression and theme changes....
gowans
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gowans »

cheers mate, arrangement i find is the hardest thing, i need some other effects in there and changes in it as i agree its way too repetitive, not sure what u meant by the kick! thanks for the feedback, i always get stuck like this on a song its annoying!
ksandvik
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ksandvik »

gowans wrote:cheers mate, arrangement i find is the hardest thing, i need some other effects in there and changes in it as i agree its way too repetitive, not sure what u meant by the kick! thanks for the feedback, i always get stuck like this on a song its annoying!
One way is to load in tracks from artists that you like, into your DAW, and analyze how they do the arrangements and variation, even take notes. You don't need to copy their ideas, but you get the general feeling how it works. Arrangement work is so open-ended, there's really no limit of how someone could re-arrange music, hence all the remixes.

My next to last advice is to be wild and experiment. My last is that to always work, it takes hours and hours of work to get up to a comfortable level concerning arranging tracks. --Kent
Ruso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ruso »

what I ment by the kick is that it's too complicated for this track, I'd go with a simple compressed 808 kick something to that extent.. it doesn't sound bad it just seems a little bit out of place. I guess it has too much definition in the track.
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

I like it alot but it does get repetitive. Just some subtle changes. Maybe take that pad down after a bit and have a new element come in then bring the pad back later in the track.
Mick
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Mick »

the pads sound lush, maybe work on varying them a bit and having them pan around the head?

sounds cool :D