5 , 4 , 3 ... techno

- open
vrejulf
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

5 , 4 , 3 ... techno

Post by vrejulf »

how do you see techno in about 5 years ?
i mean , what do you think will expand and what will collapse ?
i'm also curios about the number of producers by that time regarding the fact that every 16 year old makes beats on a mac while taking a dump . :D
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

More, fusions btwn Electro/minimal/house and perhaps hip-hop!??
Think about it, in a few years the States will catch up to Europe and they definitely throw some hip-hop in their techno, no? Just a thought..

I think there will also be a abundance of new producing talent thus, more crazy sounds and more madness!... Young talent who have not a clue who Jeff Mills is will be producing techno which means more rule breaking...progress!:D

DJ's will be replaced by Liveset dj's in the clubscene!..
Last edited by Celltek on Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
vrejulf
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by vrejulf »

Celltek wrote: DJ's will be replaced by Liveset dj's in the clubscene!..
that's really hard stuff ! taking in consideration what you just said above , about hip hop and mixing completely different genres. (it's already started)

actualy in the early 90's there was such a combination in the hands of Fast Eddie , Groove source & 2 men on wax . A bit of techno , a bit of angry vocals ...:D

when i posted this , it crossed my mind , that in a few years this kind of techno which we orbit around will not be so wide spread as today ...
Rich
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rich »

I think it will get harder again. A lot of what is being called Techno at the moment is just tech-house. It is weaker, slower and more gentle than true Techno. It is funny to see magazine articles saying that Techno has become much more popular now, because most of what they quote is not really Techno. A few of my friends have ben DJing Techno for years, and none of them accept Minimal or Tech-house as really being Techno. They enjoy it, but it isn't Techno.

I think there will be a reaction against this, and Techno producers will take tracks harder and darker again, and finds the old techno vibe that has been lost a bit recently.

On the other hand, minimal will probably go more housey, and electro, and move in that direction.

So Minimal and Techno will grow further apart.

Just my thoughts...
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

vrejulf wrote:
Celltek wrote: DJ's will be replaced by Liveset dj's in the clubscene!..
when i posted this , it crossed my mind , that in a few years this kind of techno which we orbit around will not be so wide spread as today ...
As long as people are creative and the internet remains "neutral" there will always be techno and many many other types of music going around the globe. I think the internet is partly responsible for the teaming up of individuals from around the world to make great music...

I mean, Richie n Ricardo have never been mainstream, MTV has never given them a second of airtime but look where they are now! I think that the internet, youtube, online record stores, myspace and...mnml.nl!! are partly responsible for this.
vrejulf
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by vrejulf »

it's true but i was refering to the fact that this kind of techno and mnml is not so digested by the masses .
beeing confronted with more & more deviations from techno & minimal doesn't mean that they will diminish at all (imo) ,
it will be a much more condesed comunity and
rich wrote:Techno producers will take tracks harder and darker again

this is the mouse i'm chasing ! the undefinable good electronic music .
dsat
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dsat »

[quote="Rich"]I think it will get harder again. A lot of what is being called Techno at the moment is just tech-house. It is weaker, slower and more gentle than true Techno. It is funny to see magazine articles saying that Techno has become much more popular now, because most of what they quote is not really Techno. A few of my friends have ben DJing Techno for years, and none of them accept Minimal or Tech-house as really being Techno. They enjoy it, but it isn't Techno.[quote]

so the early techno from detroit with the moody chords and jazzy and funk influences is not techno because it's not hard?? so derrick may, kenny larkin, carl craig, UR, etc is not techno but weak tech-house??? the word "techno" was only used by juan atkins to make a distinction between what was happening in chicago and detroit in the 80's... chicago was house and detroit was techno... it's really all relative.... if you were around in 1987, you would know that "techno" does not necessarily mean "hard".... know your history bro ;-) and don't accept opinions from others just like that, do your own digging and find out for yourself, it's not so hard
vrejulf
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by vrejulf »

dsat wrote: so the early techno from detroit with the moody chords and jazzy and funk influences is not techno because it's not hard?? so derrick may, kenny larkin, carl craig, UR, etc
this is the mouse :)