politics of acquiring unreleased music

- open
stevësto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

politics of acquiring unreleased music

Post by stevësto »

(this is in reference to: http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21567)

oh please come on. everyone knows the answer why some tracks are delayed release for a long time. what a coincidence, they're always:

a. a really good track
b. played by many top big name djs

i think the answer is clear.

its pretty simple the process of any dj that wants a track. "wow that is a nice track" -> looks for track ->finds on beatport and buys or buys vinyl. OR ... "wow that is a nice track" -> looks for track -> cant find it anywhere -> gets it anyway he can.

forget about the knowledge that a track is not released yet. i dont have time to know how or why i cant find a track. i dont have time to find out why i cant find a track for purchase is because its not released yet or its because i just havent found the right store. its a matter of: cant find it for sale anywhere -> get it any possible way i can.

being mad at us for doing this is like being mad at some process in nature. its like being angry at a wolf for eating one of your chickens. you need to put a fence around your chickens.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

oh the irony.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: politics of acquiring unreleased music

Post by pheek »

stevësto wrote:being mad at us for doing this is like being mad at some process in nature. its like being angry at a wolf for eating one of your chickens. you need to put a fence around your chickens.
Do you feel better now that you shared your point of view?
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

pheek wrote:
stevësto wrote:being mad at us for doing this is like being mad at some process in nature. its like being angry at a wolf for eating one of your chickens. you need to put a fence around your chickens.
Do you feel better now that you shared your point of view?
just another justification.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

I understand your point of view, and in my opinion just downloading unreleased tracks to listen to is one thing, but actually playing them out? I wouldn't even dare doing that though.
That is what you meant when you said 'any dj' right?
harold_f
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harold_f »

lazy djs that want to play the same crap every other jock is playing. dig your own crates, find your own gems, and have a nice day.
JCH
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JCH »

stevësto wrote:(this is in reference to: http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21567)

oh please come on. everyone knows the answer why some tracks are delayed release for a long time. what a coincidence, they're always:

a. a really good track
b. played by many top big name djs

i think the answer is clear.

its pretty simple the process of any dj that wants a track. "wow that is a nice track" -> looks for track ->finds on beatport and buys or buys vinyl. OR ... "wow that is a nice track" -> looks for track -> cant find it anywhere -> gets it anyway he can.

forget about the knowledge that a track is not released yet. i dont have time to know how or why i cant find a track. i dont have time to find out why i cant find a track for purchase is because its not released yet or its because i just havent found the right store. its a matter of: cant find it for sale anywhere -> get it any possible way i can.

being mad at us for doing this is like being mad at some process in nature. its like being angry at a wolf for eating one of your chickens. you need to put a fence around your chickens.
what is the problem?

Labels decide who gets a promo and they decide if the track is going to be released. they ate protecting their "chickens" as you put it. Ask the label if you can get a promo....
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by victorgonzales »

Im by no means a famous dj but alot of the time if I ask a label for a digital promo and show them where Im playing it at (if it's a nice club),promise them feedback and that I won't share it, they will give me a promo copy.

Have any of you ever tried asking?