non minimal needs

- open
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

i first started listening to guns'n'roses as a kid,later on hardcore was the thing,so i slowly dived into idm which is still the music i listen to the most.
besides that i really like jeff buckley, tracy chapman,the mars volta, the cardigans from the gitar-ish part.
idm is all about boards of canada...i'ma huge fan of the band which i sudied over the past two years.lol (obessed)
m3rck,warp + the whole russian idm scene is pretty wild.

as far as dub goes i enjoy the whole wackies label and good looking records fpor drum'n'bass.
those labels are great from a to z.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Stefan Koopmanschap
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Stefan Koopmanschap »

my passion is Laidback Electronica (might be something for you dsat) but I basically like just about every style of music.
suppoz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by suppoz »

always an interesting sort of thread, so I'll jump in too.

My favorite types of music, hands down are Indie Pop and soulful Drumnbass. Mnml techno is a very close second all of a sudden, which is why I'm spending more time here.

I'm just a music nut, so you'll find all sorts of stuff in my collection. I tend to go for the stuff that on the edges of genres, stuff that bleeds beyond the typical center of that style. Some favorite artists/labels/bands include: Yo La Tengo, Blonde Redhead, Versus, Matthew Dear, Ellen Allien, Kompakt, Offshore Records, Marcus Intalex & ST Files, High Contrast, Hospital Records, Orac, Sebadoh, Wolfgang Voigt, Thomas Brinkmann, Heavenly, anything Rose Melberg, anything Pam Berry, Sarah Records, etc. etc. etc.

Thanks for letting me share.

ta,
--s-tephen
.-.-.-.-.:-:___suppoz.com___:-:.-.-.-.-.
-->Techno Sol @ Saucebox, Portland, OR, USA, every Thursday night
-->minimal from the Left Coast, USA.
accdntly
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by accdntly »

Sade, Can, Alice Coltrain, Nirvana, Deee-Lite, Miles Davis, The Pixies, My Bloody Valentine, The Breeders, The Beatles, Joy Division, New Order, Getz and Gilberto, Astrud Gilberto, Sun Ra, Sonnic Youth, Flowchart, Belly, Mazzy Star. All sorts of of other great stuff!
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

suppoz wrote:Hospital Records

theres a label which is tottaly dope..yes,hospital recs has some unique d'n'b stuff.
lostros
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by lostros »

Music lover in general...whatever has to do with quality stuff regarding my mood...

I hear...almost every kind of music...sometimes even folk! :P

From chill and downtempo...to Industrial Techno and Experimental stuff...I love also Jazzy-Funky-Breaks: Ninjatunes is the word...Cut Chemist, Kid Koala, Mr. Scruff and many many others...i love those guys...j'adore also d'n'b and artists just like Hype, Fabio, Grooverider, Marcus Intalex, Bad Company etc.

The only thing i can't stand is Electro (not in it's original form: Detroit :!: ) but all that kinky-super gay-ass shaking-vocal bulshit that make me wanna (-) :twisted: :D
Your Failed Systems Will Be Eliminated Worldwide And Overcome Electronically...
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

haha...i'm dlin a whole load of elektro now! LOL

i haven't heard anything interresting form ninjas in a while...seems like the label got in a crisis?
lostros
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by lostros »

loooooooool plaster mate! :D :D :D
I think we have conversated again about my preferances regarding electro before! :D :P
Ninjatune haven't released anything special for a long time... and that's a fact...they just keep releasing stuff based on a characteristic formula...tip: Check Blockhead - Music By Cavelight which was released on March i guess!Great great great stuff! :)
Your Failed Systems Will Be Eliminated Worldwide And Overcome Electronically...