Why 2.49?

- open
milc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Why 2.49?

Post by milc »

recently, i see more and more this fucking "exclusive" tags on beatport.
and the track is 1 fucking euro more expensive becuz it's "exclusive".
and of course, the "exclusive" tagged tracks are from the most popular labels. (usually, those tracks aren't worth pay, but sometimes it is!)
what a smart group of assholes!

i've never paid any vynil more expensive than other even there was just one copy left in the whole city!!!!

i almost want to make a serious P2P network just for sharing those "exclusive" tracks and pay correctly for non-exclusive tracks.
but i never buy that shits so i can't even share...hehe

when i think about that there's so many wonderful net labels give much effort to bring some good things on this new digital music culture,
this kind of ugly capitalistic system makes me sick...

there's some "real" exclusive music that i can't buy anywhere else than some places, and it's more expensive. but i know that it's a small group of people doing with not much money or it's something really rare, i mean "really" rare, so i'd love to pay some more to support them. but not in this case, the labels which makes the biggest money in the scene, they sell more expensive??
thelibrarian
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by thelibrarian »

As a general rule in distribution Beatport gets music first. This is their appeal. They get the music before all of the other digital download sites get the music. This essentially means that consumers that are loyal to Beatport get the new music sooner, assuming they are willing to pay the price. I am sure you can understand the appeal for DJ's who need the new music immediately. If not wait until the official release date and get it from sites such as Juno.co.uk

Best,
TL
milc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by milc »

edit
Last edited by milc on Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
milc
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by milc »

edit
harold_f
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harold_f »

down with shitport