Vocal Effects

- ask away
echelon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Vocal Effects

Post by echelon »

Hi there

I'm interested in finding out more about which techniques people here use to process vocals - particularly weird pitching and stuttering effects.

I was looking at GRM Tools ST for the Freq Shift and Freq Warp plugs, but it's quite a pricey bundle. I already own Reaktor so if anyone has any tips on ensembles to look at in that, that would be great...

Thanks!
victorgonzales
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Vocal Effects

Post by victorgonzales »

echelon wrote:Hi there

I'm interested in finding out more about which techniques people here use to process vocals - particularly weird pitching and stuttering effects.

I was looking at GRM Tools ST for the Freq Shift and Freq Warp plugs, but it's quite a pricey bundle. I already own Reaktor so if anyone has any tips on ensembles to look at in that, that would be great...

Thanks!
As far as stutter effects there are some vsts that do it but nothing beats the good old fashioned cut it up on bit at a time and put them where you want method.

Last time I shecked it is really hard to get the Exact editing you want out of the vsts.
Ruso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Ruso »

I discovered a groovy effect a couple days ago actually when I was messing with a vocal track.... add a ping pong delay to your vocal track, 100% wet, with delay on the max(16).... then let it play for a while and press the f button on it, it will start looping a short vocal phrase. Now when you start messing arround with the delay time buttons you can add new studders and repeats in it.... now just resample that phrase and go on to the next phrase.

This is a really fun effect especially good in live situations cause it's very predictable.
tone-def
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by tone-def »

It's best to just experiment with whatever you can. You never know you might end up making something original.
532nm
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 532nm »

http://www.xponaut.com/showpage?pid=91
voice tweaker from xponaut

the best realtime pitcher i've ever used.