[Frankie 023] Donk Boys - Cpstyre EP

Post by thomasjaldemark »

Donk Boys - Cpstyre EP
Release date : july, 16th 2007

Tracklist:
A1: Gullefjun
A2: Orangutango
B1: Cpstyre
Digital exclusive: Sexpack & remixes of Gullefjun & Cpstyre by Frankie.

Samples Here (WAS) and here (Myspace)

We’re very pleased to welcome Donk Boys that through a subtle mix of weird elements, twisted arrangements and freaky sounds definitely create their own typical style... For the 23th release entitled “Cpstyre EP”, let’s start on “that side” with Cpstyre track which is without doubt a floorburner defined by this huge distord melodic and weird bassline in a constant evolution which can remind an oldschool style in the veine of herbert or mr oizo and in the same time completely in our days by using a just few elements ...looks like when minimal meets freaks...strike!...on the flip 2 tracks 1st one Gullefjun keeps the jack feeling and weird part using an amazing vocal, distorded trump cuts & crispy melodies makes this track a very original tune and the 2nd track Orangutango is a bit more minimal than the others but always unpredictable in its structure with ruptures of rythm and seems like a desire to make people confused...and to end up the EP a track available only as digital Sex pack in a more minimal house way a bit more linear which gives another idea of their style and close perfectly this release...you should watch out these 2 prolific guys as a bunch of upcoming releases are already planned on other labels (first is out on floppy funk in aug/sep)...this cpstyre EP sounds like an amazing trip ...well to sum up : precious so not to be missed...hurry up!

DJ support from:
TROY PIERCE – “Excellent! All of the tracks are really cool, stripped down... herbert vs dancemania. Maybe Cpstyre is my fave but it's really to hard to say. Sick e.p.”

JEFF SAMUEL – “Big supporter of Frankie Records, both b-side cuts will get plenty of plays from me.”

MIKE MONDAY – “Exactly my bag - been a big fan of Frankie for some time and I love Frankie's album, so VERY happy you've got the label on board!!! :-) This is SICK. X”

CASS – “AMAZING! - I don't it's ever happened before where all 4 tracks off an EP are this good. - Stunning work from the Donk Boys, Frankie Records and Hyper for dishing this filth out. It's got everything i love, minimal without being boring, quirky without being stupid, interesting without trying too hard. It's the kind of record I would buy, and that's the very highest compliment I can give.”

SEBO K – “Cpstyre and Orangutango are great! Full support.”

MATHIAS TANZMANN – “Really cool funky minimal tracks… will work everytime of night.”

PACO OSUNA – “Digital Sex Pack… Really good hypnotic track… I love it!!!

CHRIS DUCKENFIELD (SWAG) – “An absolute wibble fest! Like DBX got merked by Chicago, all tracks useful as tools and tracks in their own right. Blippy bliss!!”

More support from:
DAVIDE SQUILLACE, MARTIN EYERER, LLORCA, DJ FEX, DJ SILVERSURFER, MIJK VAN DIJK, OLIVER HUNTEMANN, KONRAD BLACK, D.RAMIREZ, WILLIAMS, SIMON BAKER, OLIVER KLEIN, NICK WARREN, JIMPSTER, JENNIFER CARDINI, SHINEDOE, YOUSEF, TIGER STRIPES, ORDE MEIKLE (SLAM), RENE AMESZ, DAN KAHUNA (FC KAHUNA), CHRISTIAN SMITH, ALLAND BYALLO, RUI DA SILVA, PAUL JACKSON, LAIDBACK LUKE
Last edited by thomasjaldemark on Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

Well done thomasjaldemark!!

This sounds very good. Definitely going to pick this up when it drops.
kahl_s
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kahl_s »

great work!
zzzdemonikzzz
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

nice work

Post by zzzdemonikzzz »

good stuff...looking forward to it
punchi
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by punchi »

Frankie has been cranking out some great stuff this year...keep it up!
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

congrats thomas :) smashing release!
cn
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by cn »

wohoo!
this is the sh_t :D

congrats!