Getting ripped off on Discogs!!

- open
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Getting ripped off on Discogs!!

Post by Celltek »

Okay Im waiting for two vinyls that I bought 2 weeks ago. They were "shipped" about a week ago. I haven't received anything yet and the guy wont answer my messages and I think i'm being ripped off!! :x

What can I do. Can I book back the paypal money I sent or write a complaint to discogs?

:cry:
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

I'd start with letting discogs know.
Don't know if they can do anything though.
Zinthek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Zinthek »

e) Discogs is not responsible for, and will not mediate, any order disputes. You will be selling directly to Discogs users, NOT via Discogs.

f) Discogs reserve the right to block a user for poor conduct in using the Discogs marketplace. Discogs also reserves the right to cancel a users account and / or block a user from using any of Discogs services if the user appears to be abusing the system maliciously.
So yeah, not much they can do except block the user's account.
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

shipping _can_ take more than a week, just so you know hehe :)

there have been times where i've waited for my vinyls for several weeks (3++), but in the end, they suddenly show up (though i wont say that they always will do, there are some fuckers out there that should get beat up for jerking around like they do)
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

I can get so pissed at the thought of that!! I hate being ripped off online because there is nothing you can do!
vermi
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by vermi »

Celltek wrote:I can get so pissed at the thought of that!! I hate being ripped off online because there is nothing you can do!
thats true. but the only thing i can advice you to do is to wait a bit more, and if it doesnt show up, then contact discogs so they can delete, or whatever they do, the account of the seller.
Celltek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Celltek »

Yeah I suppose. Patience is a virtue :D

Thanks for the tips.
prenzlauer
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by prenzlauer »

you should be able to get the money back from paypal, although I've never tried it myself. As mentioned, I would wait a little while longer though. (I'm waiting for a record for a month+ myself)