Future-Retro 777 vs. Revolution

- ask away
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Future-Retro 777 vs. Revolution

Post by 58525 »

I used to own an FR-777 and sold it a few years ago. I'd kind of like to get another one again, but that's not too likely. I haven't seen any for sale used too often. I'm wondering how similar the Revolution is compared to the 777.

Does anyone have an experience using these two synths? Any other recommendations for a mono bass synth? What I liked about the 777 was that there was more to it than simply a 303 clone, so I guess that's what I'm looking for. Oh yeah, and I like knobs. :D

thanks,
Jeff
lebus44
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by lebus44 »

go back to the 777 .. i sold mine and regret it ..
the problem is it's a bit " static " for today's music .. no modulating LFO's etc , not able to record any knobs to midi etc .. but for pure fun and great FM it can't be beat ..

check out Jake Fairley's Crisis on send to hear the 777 in action .. he gets some great things out of it ..
viva hate
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: Future-Retro 777 vs. Revolution

Post by viva hate »

58525 wrote:I used to own an FR-777 and sold it a few years ago. I'd kind of like to get another one again, but that's not too likely. I haven't seen any for sale used too often. I'm wondering how similar the Revolution is compared to the 777.

Does anyone have an experience using these two synths? Any other recommendations for a mono bass synth? What I liked about the 777 was that there was more to it than simply a 303 clone, so I guess that's what I'm looking for. Oh yeah, and I like knobs. :D

thanks,
Jeff
I have a Revolution. It's a nice machine but it's more or less a TB-303 clone. Same filter etc. I like the sequencer in it, I even have the FR Mobius too because I like the sequencer so much.

But yes, perhaps you should go back to the FR 777 then.

My favorite bass machine is the Korg MS-20 (most of the time I sequence it from the FR Mobius)