ATL

don't be shy. introduce yourself!
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

ATL

Post by v404 »

Well, I have almost 40 posts so I guess I'm not exactly a noob but whatever.

My name is Balz. No sh!t!! Seriously, thats my real name. Its rhymes w/ waltz but it has a B in the front. I work @ Satellite Records in Atlanta. I've been there for seemingly forever but I guess its only been about 4 years. I started mixing in 99 and started off w/ breaks & triphop. After that went to the shitter about a year later, I started dabbling w/ techno & house and the rest is history. I still play a lot of electro but the majority of my stuff is of the minimal techno bread. I like it clicky, bumpy, and funky. I'm all about some minimal but a lot of it is often too minimal for me. I still need something that makes my head move. Stylewise, I'd compare myself closest to Magda but I'm not trying to say I'm as good as she is. I'd marry her though if she weren't a dyke and on the other side of the Atlantic. But shes really nice and I don't think she even flinched when I told her that in person.

Anyway, I'm lazy about recording myself so one of these days I'll post a mix of my own. Meanwhile, listen to my boy JoeThomas on here. He's really good and I'd say our styles coincide quite a bit.

Feel free to ask me about trying to track down a particular record. Just don't be a deadbeat about it or overload me w/ a zillion requests. I always like helping people get things they really want. AIM me @ Rufus Yakly.
-ix
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by -ix »

Nice introduction Balz!
I'm curious about your mixes,

welcome!
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

bout time you posted an introduction!

i have an confession to make...we used satelitte for a long time to preview new releases,but didn't buy anything. :oops:

anyway...welcome and send some promos,lol.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
v404
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by v404 »

yeah, I feel ya. If I didn't work @ Satellite, I'd never order from them either. But our store is currently undergoing a transition. Our inventory is completely independent from the store in NYC and the website. If you want, PM w/ your name & email address and I can add you to our new release mailing list. Our own site should be up soon w/ audio samples and stuff so I'll keep you posted.