Edirol R-09

- ask away
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Edirol R-09

Post by skept »

searched for this and didn't find any discussion. does anyone have thoughts or experiences regarding this device for field recording?

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/R09/

Martian Telecom
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Martian Telecom »

It seems that zoom put out a 4 track field recorder that it very similiar for $299.

It got really good reviews in tape op.
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

looks like a pretty nice machine, not tested it yet though.
jbible
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by jbible »

Get it...and grab me one too while your at it!
New Guy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by New Guy »

have checked the zoom h4?

it has xlr mic inputs, and kinda the same features, the price is nearly the same and it comes with cubase le 3.
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

New Guy wrote:have checked the zoom h4?

it has xlr mic inputs, and kinda the same features, the price is nearly the same and it comes with cubase le 3.
yeah that is the other one i was considering. have been reading reviews on the zoom, edirol and the m-audio devices that do the same thing. i think i am leaning toward the edirol at the moment.
skept
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by skept »

wow pushed off to the second page already. since there was little interest in this little gem i will just say that it works a hell of a lot better than what i was doing before. if you are interested in a better review or have questions about it pm me i guess.
tzusing
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tzusing »

i have it. and love it. tho the lightness kinda worries me...(feels a bit flimsy) but overall its very nice. i love having the integrated mics so it doesn't pick up hand movements so much. and it helps that you don't have to carry a mic around. it is, from what i understand, the most simple recording device in that price range. but even then i find the reverb kinda useless. the menus is super simple to use. you don't even have to read the manual.

so yea...go for it if you want something that you can just record 24 bits of wav with, simple and plain.