- free art
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

[Thinner95] Laura Palmer - Background - W/ Fürstenberg RMX

Post by gillsans »

http://www.thinner.cc/releases.php?r=thn095

Laura Palmer - Background

Mysterious artist Laura Palmer debuts on Thinner with an EP consisting of three main tracks and, as an added luxury, a potent remix by Marko Fürstenberg. "Background" seems to be a quite contrary title to what you're about to hear on this release - Laura Palmer takes the listener into some darkly shaded, intoxicating timeless dubtech. All four tracks are centered around a dark dub theme and follow a basic pattern of an opening dose of minimal dub atmospheres followed shortly with the alliance of strong techo beats and bass lines that develop their own cosmos and fill the sonic headroom with many 3D sounds and effects.

All of the key elements of dub are present - atmospheric layers of static and hiss, punctuated notes, and minor-keyed chords loaded with reverb and delay. Intensifying this dub ambiance are steady, pounding kick drum beats and intense bass notes. Laura Palmer deals with the 2007 techdub topic from a more sequential side but still doesn't refuse to experiment with breaky beats inside the dubby sparkling cosmos as in "Missed". In the end the release sums up to a set of polished monumental clubtracks which request to get incorporate in your sets. Rush, spatial dubby offbeat sequences, a compact and fine functional pressure-laden record that gets crowned by the uber-thrusted feature remix of Marko Fürstenberg.
Last edited by gillsans on Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

Nice release. I think the Marko FUERSTENBERG remix does the best job of holding the full atmospherics of the dub influenced sound.

The originals are a little bit more on the crisp Trentmoller style of trance induced electro dub sounds.
Last edited by gillsans on Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
techdub
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by techdub »

ohh...the name is changed.... furstenburg LOL

please NOTE: MARKO FUERSTENBERG

remember this ;-)

and thx for the comment
codix
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by codix »

yeah, the fuerstenberg is really great, but the others also. laura does a good job. but, marko is a dub god :)
Without music, life would be a mistake - Friedrich Nietzsche -
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

techdub wrote:ohh...the name is changed.... furstenburg LOL

please NOTE: MARKO FUERSTENBERG

remember this ;-)

and thx for the comment
Sorry Marko.

Do you have any new releases due out soon?
Katzenjammer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Katzenjammer »

Lovely. Drowning myself in it as I type. Running it in slowed down and tape muffled version here though. Wanted to hear it in a slower tempo.

Works fine in both high and low.

The sweeping noise reminiscent of old tape hiss makes me like this even more.

Damn fine release.
[url=http://partikel.bandcamp.com]Partikel - Ark 1 out now on tape and digital[/url]
TMCM
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TMCM »

if someone asked me 2 or 3 years ago, what i love about thinner, i would have played this release.
ok, with some help of a time machine.

beautiful!
coffee makes you happy... except when it messes you up.
Twitter Last.FM Facebook
techdub
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by techdub »

gillsans wrote: Do you have any new releases due out soon?
yes
there are releases on TFE Records with remixes by marek hemmann and "das kraftfuttermischwerk"

and on Rotary-Cocktail Records Records with remixes by sven weisemann and kollektiv turmstrasse