mnml maxi

[DKLL 004] Pheek - De Begg Degg

Post by pheek »

Title: De Begg Degg
Artist: Pheek
Format: Digital only, 320 kbps
Style: deep minimal techno
Release date: June 2007

Archipel label boss Pheek is happy to present "De Begg Degg" on Kalimari's digital series of releases. This piece is quite special in that it is 22 minutes long, approaching half an hour, and is perfect to sit back to and give yourself over to it.

It begins lightly and rhythmically with an hypnotic flare which is trademark Pheek and gradually takes on a strong backbone of a beat. From here on in things just begin to flow outwards, inwards and through paradoxical veins of aural perception. De Begg Degg begins taking on lysergic hues lit by smokey sparks atop mile high wicks reaching into a flickering, vast, sparkling sky which shifts slowly and yet very much surely in and out of itself.

Hints of melody begin folding over and through layers of washy rhythms into bright bubbles birthed from within a molten glass sea of foam. Slinky rhythms mold themselves seemingly out of a thick air and bend omni directionally through granulized clouds and into ecstatically crafted notation which remains an infinitesimally small distance just out of reach but oh so close to touch.

A drizzle of amber fluid rains down from a quivering and waving plasticized forest above while light pierces its way through humid canopy mist and onto the rich, dark, shifting floor below. No stranger to depth, Pheek manages to pull off this epic and introverted escapade into the mind with flying colours. The beginning of a road leading to territories yet unknown.

This marks a new start in a conceptual serie of releases. Call it afterhour material, DJ tool or play-it-because-I-need-to-pee track. Kalimari believes this is an introspective kaleidoscope that forces the listener to deal with tension and a serious session to catch the whole story behind the fragmentary hints left here and there through the exercise.

There was some promos distributed during Mutek. Played in clubs, the response was fantastik...
Last edited by pheek on Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

Sounds great based on the write-up. I look forward to hearing it.

When can we expect samples?

:)
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
pheek
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by pheek »

gillsans wrote:Sounds great based on the write-up. I look forward to hearing it.

When can we expect samples?

:)
I just cut out an extract of 5 minutes but it's not representing what the whole expedition represents. I think you can really get it once you hear the track globally.

Meanwhile, open your mind and listen to it here: http://www.myspace.com/pheekmoozik
harold_f
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harold_f »

hot damm! good stuff, pheek
gillsans
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by gillsans »

harold_f wrote:hot damm! good stuff, pheek
Agreed, thanks!

Also, I still hope to catch you play out West some time soon.
Keepin' the beats deep in the groove bunker
mlexicon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by mlexicon »

that sh!t is fucken dope
signatures suck
hi2uplz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by hi2uplz »

there's a horse carriage and the triangular wooden wheels are making the jack in the box inside the carriage bop his head to the beat, meanwhile the flowers outside which happen to have springs for stems bounce around while the ground shifts up/down and side to side

very nice pheek 8)
betzy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by betzy »

Yokozuna fatness! :shock:
great work Pheek!