What is the difference between us and the real pros ???

- ask away
Kilevox
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

What is the difference between us and the real pros ???

Post by Kilevox »

Hi to all,

first of all I hope you understand average english.

Maybe some of you have often the same thoughts:

You are making music and you allways think
the whole day about your next track.

What can I do better ?

Why isn't my track good enough for a release ?
Isn't it impossible to make a record without connections
to some specific persons ??

The most of the time you get no answer when you sending DEMOS and DEMOS and DEMOS ??!!

What is the difference between my tracks and
the tracks from the records ?

How do the pros produce ?
Do they anything diifferent ?

When I listen to some actually records, I really often think, oh man, why do they release such a sh!t ??!!

I'm often going crazy in front of my sequencer and getting frustrated,
because everything sounds like sh!t in my ears.

Sometimes I think, I do crash my ideas beacuse I think to much about a sound.
When I have a loop which really sounds great, I often think, oh no that sounds like some stuff which are already produced.

When I have a fantastic loop I do often fck up with the arragement!!

Maybe some of you can tell us his experiences and opinion.

Thanks

Kilevox
www.myspace.com/benryser
www.benryser.com

.... minimal is not a hype ....
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: What is the difference between us and the real pros ???

Post by plaster »

Kilevox wrote:
You are making music and you allways think
the whole day about your next track.

What can I do better ?
from my experience i found out that thinking while doing music doesn't help much, but get's you stuck. day after day. sit down and disconnect your brain, you'll be suprised.

Kilevox wrote: Why isn't my track good enough for a release ?
the first thing which makes a difference between actually releasing and not is your projection of not having good connections or that your music doesn't cut it. negative projections about yourself bring negative results. if you need to release something you will release it eventually, i sudgest you don't even think about that and just enjoy making music. when your time comes it will be what you always wanted.

Kilevox wrote: The most of the time you get no answer when you sending DEMOS and DEMOS and DEMOS ??!!
your demo probably had long intros or just the wrong selection of track order for someone to catch their ear or your music just sucks.
Kilevox wrote: What is the difference between my tracks and
the tracks from the records ?
belief in yourself + emotion= success
Kilevox wrote: How do the pros produce ?
Do they anything diifferent ?
the only difference between "pros" and us is the money, techniques or anything other than that is really a personal thing. i guess they do music by clicking, same as the rest of us. oh wait...maybe someone is lefthanded and they need to invert the mouse.

Kilevox wrote:I'm often going crazy in front of my sequencer and getting frustrated,
because everything sounds like sht in my ears.
i spent 6 years fine tuning my skills before i could say i'm quite happy with the music i do. trying to come fast at some point is not the way how evolution works, think about it...it takes time to grow. so relax. the best you can to for yourself is to have patience, believe in yourself and what you do and the results will follow. maybe in a year maybe in 3 or maybe never cuz your purpose in this life might not be music.
Kilevox wrote:Sometimes I think, I do crash my ideas beacuse I think to much about a sound.
When I have a loop which really sounds great, I often think, oh no that sounds like some stuff which are already produced.
i want you to think really good about this line and try to realise how beautiful it is... "drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece".
Kilevox wrote:When I have a fantastic loop I do often fck up with the arragement!!
that's because arrangement alone isn't just making a good loop and then stretching it for 8 minutes while muting parts. it has some fundamental laws which apply for any music. intro / verse / chorus / outro, that's a the most basic form.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Kilevox
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Kilevox »

Kilevox wrote: What can I do better ?
from my experience i found out that thinking while doing music doesn't help much, but get's you stuck. day after day. sit down and disconnect your brain, you'll be suprised.

I hope I can do that!

Kilevox wrote: Why isn't my track good enough for a release ?
the first thing which makes a difference between actually releasing and not is your projection of not having good connections or that your music doesn't cut it. negative projections about yourself bring negative results. if you need to release something you will release it eventually, i sudgest you don't even think about that and just enjoy making music. when your time comes it will be what you always wanted.

Oh yes, I enjoy and love it to make music.
But sometimes you get frustrated, when you see how many sh!t are released.

Kilevox wrote: The most of the time you get no answer when you sending DEMOS and DEMOS and DEMOS ??!!
your demo probably had long intros or just the wrong selection of track order for someone to catch their ear or your music just sucks.

I work on that!

Kilevox wrote:Sometimes I think, I do crash my ideas beacuse I think to much about a sound.
i want you to think really good about this line and try to realise how beautiful it is... "drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece".

I hope you didn't missunderstand that!
I don't want to copy any artist!
www.myspace.com/benryser
www.benryser.com

plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

Kilevox wrote:

I hope you didn't missunderstand that!
I don't want to copy any artist!

i wasn't pointing that out, altho you could get that message from it. every time you go on and make music, think of this sentence. you'll understand when it comes.
Last edited by plaster on Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
JCH
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JCH »

Stop reading forums so much, trust your own ears and do your own thing.
thom
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thom »

Kilevox wrote:Hi to all...
Hi man.

Just make music. Do your best then better next time... and then work harder. Never ever think lazy. Don't think about releasing... just don't man. The biz is poison.

Work work work your ass off.

Not releasing is ok too, y'know? We're artists and we don't give a fck do we?

We know laid-back is the true in-your-face.

Concentrate your energy, you need it to make the best music you can and feel awesome about it.
Kilevox
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Kilevox »

you're right man!
www.myspace.com/benryser
www.benryser.com

S
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by S »